2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Free Skate

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well
maybe france can borrow the idea, it would fit GP France for sure, together with shaky podium and plastic medals.

Hope they go back to medals and not plastic star trophies....I would say more, but it would go off topic.

frida80

Record Breaker
well
maybe france can borrow the idea, it would fit GP France for sure, together with shaky podium and plastic medals.

With IdF, the hot mess has gone from embarrassing to amusing. I can’t wait for it now. As long as the ice is good, though.

Danny T

Medalist
well

Didn't they already have that in GPF Marseille LOL. Never underestimate Mr. Didier :roll5:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I wanna congratulate Sasha on her 4Lz, what an achievement!

At the same time, how does she get 8s in interp when she skates through the music is beyond me. It seems like judges never learn to not reward technical prowess with random PCS. Sigh.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I don't think that Alexandra Trusova just skates through the music.

I thought her movements matched the music quite well.

katymay

Medalist
I don't think that Alexandra Trusova just skates through the music.

I thought her movements matched the music quite well.

The only problem today is she moved her jumps around in the beginning and was a bit off the jump cymbals. She is so damn gutsy. All weekend she has been crashing on the 4L, she didn't need it to win, and yet, she somehow makes it happen. I thought the coach my order her to take it out, but nope. Add to this that rumor has it she has been ill, it looked like she hurt her hand on a bad fall in warm up. Trusova is just Fierce. Fierce. Fierce.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
On Sasha's FS, I actually think it's quite amazing. a totally contemporaneous program. Especially everything leading up to the last Flip until the end. I think the music is really great for her.
There were many parts that were well performed. And she clearly listened to the music. it's a perfect program for Sasha to emphasize on her strengths.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On Sasha's FS, I actually think it's quite amazing. a totally contemporaneous program. Especially everything leading up to the last Flip until the end. I think the music is really great for her.
There were many parts that were well performed. And she clearly listened to the music. it's a perfect program for Sasha to emphasize on her strengths.

She looked great today even considering how tired she was fighting that cold/fever. Her performance was great and I love the choreography. She looked tired in the StSeq but hit the accents of the music really really well. Great choice of a music/theme to display an athletic genius like Sasha IMO. It’s a perfect fit!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I love that Sasha's mother and grandmother came out to see her in Armenia and she really laid it down :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Me on Sasha’s FS:

1st time watching it: hmmm... ok, then.
2nd time: this is... interesting.
3rd time: this program is weird and I love it!
LMAO

katymay

Medalist
Me on Sasha’s FS:

1st time watching it: hmmm... ok, then.
2nd time: this is... interesting.
3rd time: this program is weird and I love it!
LMAO

Yes. Every time I see it, I like it better. I think it is the perfect program for her, I love the music, even the cuts of the music. And while people scream about Eteri choreography, I like the choreography. It screams Fierce, and Trusova. It is fun and exciting.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Burlesque is not a song a 14 year old can really pull off...

Why are we giving this kind of music to a 14 year old? :palmf:

Totally agree with you guys. A theme about strippers is totally inappropriate for a girl of that age.

On the other hand, 2 of my 3 favourite routines to "Burlesque" were from when the skater in question was 16:

Adelina Sotnikova - 2012 Russian Championships FS
Adelina Sotnikova - 2012 Skate America EX

Adelina may have been young - only 2 years older than Bristena - but she was mature enough to be able to really sell it to us. Bristena wasn't, I'm afraid.

And here is my other favourite routine to "Burlesque", from a skater who was 26 at the time:

Akiko Suzuki - 2011 Grand Prix Final EX

You need maturity to do "Burlesque". As one of the oldest skaters on the circuit, Akiko certainly had that. But, Akiko also has a young spirit, and she was able to bring fun and excitement to it. And in Bristena's routine, you could see this attribute coming through. But, she needed the maturity as well.

Once Bristena develops both of these attributes, this theme will work better. But, right now, it doesn't.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh hey, youngins! I bet you all don't remember when Mandy Moore was a singer, LOL. This totally taps into my 1990s teen girl aesthetic. (technically came out in 2002).

ETA: That was a good skate! And look at her nails!

I remember this song! :biggrin: But, I'm only a couple of years younger than you.

Never made the connection that this was the same Mandy Moore that is now famous as an actress. So, thank you for that.

I've been impressed with Caya's performances in her Junior GP's. I hope we get to see more of her as the season goes on.

Oh, Por una cabeza.

Scent of a Woman makes me miss Anna P! I can't wait to watch her skate again.

Wow that was quite the ending to the music. Pretty decent skate.

For me, Ilayda has been the revelation of what I have seen of this season's Junior GP Series. It has been a few years since I last saw her, but she has changed so much between then and now. There is a real maturity now about her and her skating.

Which is why "Por Una Cabeza" works for her. OK, so she's not quite got to the Anna Pogo level of seductiveness (who could?!), but at least Ilayda's seductive looks are believeable. The same can't be said for most of the younger skaters that try it.

Such a pity she had the fall early on in the FS yesterday. Because the skating was so good otherwise.

I am really looking forward to seeing her in Seniors next season (or even later this season)

CaroLiza_fan