2018 JGP Yerevan Mens Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Mens Free Skate

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thrilled for Iliya. Canada ends the JGP season with two bronze medals on the same day, a nice note. Now, if only Conrad had won that bronze medal...:laugh:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just realized, Japan didn't win a single gold medal this JGP season. But some promising people for next time.

zebobes

Final Flight
Andrew Torgashev has been really lucky for the past two years in the way he ekes it into the final over other skaters who have higher scoring programs than him.

That said, I'm super excited for him, but I also feel sorry for Danielan, who actually had really good skates, but much tougher competition.

Danny T

Medalist
1. Gumennik 439.29 (30)
2. Pulkinen 436.40 (28)
3. Siao Him 404.97 (26)
4. Hiwatashi 428.40 (26)
5. Torgashev 396.38 (24)
6. Shimada 433.40 (24)

Koshiro actually has the third highest combined score (to my surprise, higher than Tomoki). The field where you compete absolutely matters :drama:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
If Mozalev skated one point better he would be in final too. Sad for him and Gogo, but they are young, they will have the next year...

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Now we have to wait until December to hear Ted Barton do commentary again.

I somehow hoped for his commentary on SC but I guess it was too much to ask...??? A petition needs to be started, "We want Tim Barton the commentator on major competitions" :hap10:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Drama until the very end, I'm still sad about Artur (and my other faves with the exception of Younghyun, he wasn't in contention in the first place), but I don't have problems with the finalists. And now I need to get a hot shower to unfreeze my toes. See you all!

Danny T

Medalist
Just realized, Japan didn't win a single gold medal this JGP season. But some promising people for next time.

Not that I am very well-versed in junior (especially men), but I've been told that some of their highest potential scorers are left without an assignment this year (Shun Sato, Kao Miura).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Medal table for the JGP men

USA - 5 (Camden Pulkinen, Gold and Silver; Andrew Torgashev, Gold; Tomoki Hiwatashi, Silver (2x)
Russia - 5 (Petr Gumennik, Gold (2x); Andrei Mozalev, Gold; Kirill Iakovlev, Silver; Roman Savosin, Bronze)
Japan -5 (Koshiro Shimada, Silver and Bronze; Mitsuki Sumoto, Silver; Yuma Kagiyama, Silver; Yuto Kishina, Bronze)
Canada - 3 (Stephen Gogolev, Gold; Joseph Pham, Bronze; Iliya Kovler, Bronze)
France -2 (Adam Siao Him Fa, Gold and Silver)
Italy -1 (Daniel Grassl, Bronze)

pretty good diverse group of countries.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The graphics on that flag display are giving me wicked 80's video game flashbacks.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Medal table for the JGP men

USA - 5 (Camden Pulkinen, Gold and Silver; Andrew Torgashev, Gold; Tomoki Hiwatashi, Silver (2x)
Russia - 5 (Petr Gumennik, Gold (2x); Andrei Mozalev, Gold; Kirill Iakovlev, Silver; Roman Savosin, Bronze)
Japan -5 (Koshiro Shimada, Silver and Bronze; Mitsuki Sumoto, Silver; Yuma Kagiyama, Silver; Yuto Kishina, Bronze)
Canada - 3 (Stephen Gogolev, Gold; Joseph Pham, Bronze; Iliya Kovler, Bronze)
France -2 (Adam Siao Him Fa, Gold and Silver)
Italy -1 (Daniel Grassl, Bronze)

pretty good diverse group of countries.

And so many discoveries for me: definitely Koshiro, Adam, Iliya Kovler, Kirill Iakovlev, more discovery of Grassl, Phan, Orzel, US Men...

ime

Rinkside

Yeah.... some of the promising young skater in Japan didn’t have chance to go[ so looking toward them in next year for sure ]and Koshiro got two of the most rough field as well...... but I would said the Junior Japanese still had done a good job [still need to improve, but have lots of potentials