2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Short Program

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Kaori :( I hope she’s ok

I thought Liza would attempt the 3A on the SP...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since the livestream for the Pairs SP has gone off-air, it'll give me the opportunity to let you know that the archived livestream of the Ladies SP has been blocked due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Thank goodness I watched it LIVE!

CaroLiza_fan

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Just watched the performances. My fav was Sonia, she performed great and I was so mad when I saw her 2A, I really hoped for her to be clean. Anyway not bad for her first senior competition :thumbsup:

I find Liza's 1st place well-deserved, her jumps are better and deserve more GOE; she still needs to work on her spins, but it's still very early in the season. Her reactions after her fall and at the end of the program were priceless..like "oups, I did it again :drama:" Hoping to see her 3A in the free, too.

Overall I expected more from Kaori and Mako, but how I've said earlier, it's just the first competition and they can perform way better at the following ones. Not a fan of Mako's music choice, but I like her dress and smile, she's adorable. :biggrin:

Shanshani

On the Ice
One judge gave -2 for Liza's fall on the 3T3T. :slink:

2 judges, actually. Apparently fall GOE deductions work by subtracting 5 from any positive GOE that would have been given, rather than automatically being -5. Which means, in theory, a fall can be as little as -1 or perhaps even 0. :scratch2:

rachno2

Record Breaker
Seeing as Liza is skating to the Mrs. & Mrs. Smith soundtrack, maybe this is what she's going for? :confused2:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Shame about the fall for Liza.
Really liked her SP and would be fine if that ends up being her actual outfit!
Just lose the gloves :p

temadd

Final Flight
I just watched Kaori's SP and really hope that she doesn't keep this program. I loved her programs last season and am disappointed with this one. I think the music is terrible and doesn't suit her.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
finally i got to watch some of the ladies (the video is now blocked). here some thoughts:

Ivett toth: always loved her style! Shame for the popped lutz. This could be a great program if skated clenaly.

Liza: I love her since 2015, she’s so different form anyone else in the Russian field, her jumps are so huge! If only she could land them cleanly.... On this program tbh she doesn’t seem very much into it. Anyway she got the 1st position, lets hope for the lp.

Kaori sakamoto: this was a very unpredictable sp, she was my favourite in the predictions for the gold.

Mako yamashita: what the hell is this version of "una voce poco fa"? pop singer (or whatever she is) shouldn't try opera. I can hear Rossini rolling in his grave…no wonder mako can’t deliver.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Where's Tukt's choreography? She just skates around and jumps. That SP music is glorious, especially towards the end, and she doesn't even have an appropriate step sequence for it! Such a waste of good music.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Eva Lotta! Good to see her again. I guess she competes as a junior and a senior. The costume sure has grown on me. I wasn't overly fond of it (but didn't hate it or anything) at the JGP, but now it makes her look like a fairy or forest sprite. (Isn't it light green, not yellow...?)

Was that a different song than at the JGP? Does anyone know what it was?
This was the same music as in the JGP Kaunas and same program. The dress colour is light green ( lime)...and both her dresses are designed by famous designer.

lusk8

Record Breaker
So it ended like this:

1- Liza - 65.69
2- Sofia - 64.05
3- Viveca - 62.68
4- Amber 58.57
5- Mako 55.33
6- Ivett - 55.21
7- Lea 54.07
8- Nathalie 53.61
9- Kaori 49.91

Kaori is 15 points from the top spot, rule of the SP is to stay in the fight but that may be a little too far back. Top 4 or 5 are within fighting range of each other with Russia well position to have a spot on the podium (maybe even two). I'm happy for Amber, this will be huge for her (in 2016 she had 4th and 5th placements at international CS, then she dropped down to 8th next season so if she can stay in the 4th place range or even move for a bronze it will be great for her).

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This wasn't as good as expected. But it is early season and the top Ladies seemed all a bit nervous. I saw Mako do several nice Triple-Triple combinations in the warm up. I think it was nerves with her, but I also believe this program is horrible, sorry Fluffy. I read somewhere it's the same singer as Gabrielle Daleman's Carmen and you could certainly draw horrible parallels there. It's just not my taste, and idk what they were trying to do there. She's a lovely skater and tries to sell it as good as she can, happy and smiley and expressive but the horrible music takes away all the enjoyment.

Liza Tuktamysheva.....I think I see a pattern there, she always seems to be getting back into the groove in the Test skates and people already see her in the World Team again, but I doubt it'll come to that. She has the technique but always seems to make errors. No 3A and you get something less than special. And while it's great she's not doing the princessy dresses or batdresses of season's past, that look is too casual, imho.

Kaori. Well. What happened here? It's early in the season and she's probably not comfortable yet and she was nervous. Very nervous. I guess I can understand that - Last season, when she started out there was no expectation for her to get on any team or get any medals. But then she kind of became a shooting star and now everyone expects great things right away. You could see the tension a mile away. And then...idk, if she stopped thinking, but not adding the combo after a fall is a beginner's mistake - or something you do because you're physically not able. Did she not think about it? Did she forget she hadn't added the second jump earlier? Or was she afraid she would fall if she added it later? She could've added a double! Impossible to know, but it was a stupid mistake and I think she cannot win this anymore, unless a bunch of other skaters bomb tomorrow. The program is okay. I don't think this will be changed, as someone here suggested. It's an expensive program choreographed by David Wilson. This will be it. I look forward for redemption with her nicer The Piano FS, also because she looked so shellshocked and heartbroken. She's always so cheery, it was hard to see her that down.

skatingfan200

Medalist

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I actually like the choice of Erik Satie's Gymnopedie 1 for Kaori to emphasize her glide and softness, but the Charlotte Church vocals are quite distracting to me and take away her subtlety.

tosca

On the Ice
So sad about Kaori. She also only got a level 2 on her step sequence. I was always really worried about her step sequence levels for this program despite the amazing edge work.

I still think this program is a challenge for her but I feel like if she gets into it, it can be a good vehicle and the dress looks GREAT. so glad it wasnt the same costume as the one at THE ICE. I am worried about her loop both in the SP and FS because although its a brilliant jump for her, there is so much choreo before each that she isn't getting the same speed as she normally does.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
What is Fluffy doing to her new daughter with this kinda chipmunks' opera!!? Oh no no no!

I like Micol Cristini's style. Never fails to impress. Edge and elegance.

Tuktamysheva is looking great!

Not sure yet about Tóth Ivett's new SP.