2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Short Program

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
No stellar performances. I liked Sofia the most. It is a good program for her and she is selling it. I would score her may be a bit higher (I guess, her pcs are at the debutant level) but not much. There was a step-out and a clear UR on 3T. Liza's jumps are gorgeous as usual but the program and her spins are not. The score seems agreeable with me because of the fall. Otherwise, she would score aroung 68-70. A good start with a view of potential 3A.

The Japanese ladies did not impress at all. Moreover, this SP looks like a step down for Kaori. I don't see her as a lyrical skater - last year Beethoven was a masterpiece that fully showed her strong qualities. Here? Not my cup of coffee.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Michaela-Lucie. Now there is a skater that I have rated for a good few years now.

Really wish the Czech Fed would stop favouring Brezinova and give this girl the chance she deserves. Because I really do believe that she is a talent.

Thought she would be higher than 15[SUP]th[/SUP], but she looked happy anyway.

Who was that sitting with her? She looks very young to be a coach. Is it one of the other Czech skaters competing here?

Onto the final group. This competition has just flown!

CaroLiza_fan

lusk8

Record Breaker
So far Liza's 1st placement is well deserved, she jumped the best from the ones I've seen (I started on the stream just as she started her program), and since all girls had a fall hers was after fully rotating the second jump on the combo, so it makes sense. Her jump quality is very good and it should earn her some big numbers.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can't say I am that familiar with Elzbieta, but I liked that.

In fact, I could say the same about her music.

And I was going to say I wasn't that familiar with the girl after her either, but when Antonina came out, I recognised her. :p

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As a fan of German music, it is nice to see somebody using a song that is in German.

Although I enjoyed it, I am still not sure about a German song being sung by somebody with a French accent...

What a beautiful dress! :love:

Yes, I liked that.

Not even going to try to guess where she will be placed. Because there are lots of routines that I like that are ending up further down the order than I would have imagined.

Now for our Caribbean girl.

CaroLiza_fan