2018 Lombardia Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Mens Free Skate

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think two songs would work really well! Or maybe just the one.

I really enjoyed Philip Watson from earlier on! That hair...plus he has really huge jumps if he could get them under control I think he could really get up there.

Also Tim from USA had the best spins today :)

The end is way, way too abrupt on Paint it Black. And I do not like the middle song. If he wants 3 stones songs there are better slow ones to chose. And I would not skate to satisfaction personally. Start me up-Wild Horses-Paint it Black would work.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Shoma consistently gets level 3 on his step sequences. I always wonder why he seems to not hit level 4 there more consistently.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
No cantilever...just after he finished, his actions caused me to think 'is his knee hurting', I wonder if that could have been the case & he was being careful? Also I wondered about the ice condition.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Around half the skaters who did an Euler got called for an UR or downgrade. This always makes me laugh.

I have become a non fan of the euler now that everyone is doing it. It looks sloppy when most of the do it. Yuzuru's is nice.

newyn

On the Ice
We have seen Shoma perform this program in the ice shows so I am no stranger to it. I still don't like it and feel that
Sho is having a hard time skating to this music. I am not talking about his jumps here. He seems to be skating beside the the music instead of
with the music and I feel that affects the overall performance level of this program.

I felt that way too... I thought maybe it was because the sound was not in sync with the footage? But still there seemed to be a disconnect. I like his skating a lot and I'm only nitpicking because he is usually so committed into his programs and now it felt like he wasn't. I'm sure he'll improve as the season progresses.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We have seen him skate this much better in ice shows and in person. Am glad he didn't get a monster score to start the season and then feel like he would be chasing that score all season. The sharpness was missing today. What happened to the cantilever? :scratch3: There has been one there all through the ice shows.

Well, they don't call him Chang Polish for nothin'. He has polishing and work to do before Japan Open. Knowing him he'll return home and go straight from the airport to the rink to practice.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My question is, where is his 4Lo? Or any loop.

I'm okay with him not bringing that one back, at least right away. He was always kind of hit and miss on it last season. It was cool when he did it and... not so cool when he didn't.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I like your dreams. Must have been quite the restful sleep! :laugh:

i could hear moonlight sonata... and shoma was floating over the ice.... woke up... saw a quad and fell asleep again....

i am feeling like the skating gods are really telling me not to watch shoma until skate canada because i get to see him live there.....

i tried to watch his Sp the other day .. and there was no sound... so i gave up....

i cannot believe i haven't seen his programs yet... so i will take the skating gods advice.. . and wait one more month ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
i could hear moonlight sonata... and shoma was floating over the ice.... woke up... saw a quad and fell asleep again....

i am feeling like the skating gods are really telling me not to watch shoma until skate canada because i get to see him live there.....

i tried to watch his Sp the other day .. and there was no sound... so i gave up....

i cannot believe i haven't seen his programs yet... so i will take the skating gods advice.. . and wait one more month ;)

Anticipation is making you wait.