2018 NHK Ladies Short Program | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Short Program

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
This is her first senior season, so unless you've been following juniors you won't have seen her. And I have to say, she has evolved so much from last season in basically everything.
I think maybe I've seen her once in juniors before, yes. It's clear she is one to watch out for. I hope for a bright future for her! [emoji120] Looking forward to her FS.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Outside my very most beloved, favorites...Leonova, Eunsoo Lim, and Courtney Hicks had really stand-out programms.
Is it just me or did we also see some of the most dazzlingly gorgeous dresses today?

I think that the fashion was really fabulous today! Satoko, Eunsoo, Kailani were my top 3:)

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
What do I gotta do to get Rika gold and Eunsoo on the podium tomorrow? brb slaughtering some chickens :scard8:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Even when she's not having a great day jumps-wise, Mae-Berenice is so compellingly watchable this season. She's absolutely living her music.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I'm usually too busy admiring the quality of her jumps that i did not notice! is Liza's base value for her FS low? i see people talking about it and i don't remember her scores from her recent competitions. What's her layout in the free?

Liza's BV for the FS is quite high. She has a 64 BV because she doesn't include a 3F. With the 3F she could get a 66 BV.
Her layout is:
3A
3lz-3t
3lz
2a-3t
3lo
3s
2a-2t-2lo

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I'm surprised by the ! on Eunsoo's 3Lz as well. I've replayed it many times on 0.25x speed and I think the edge is clean. That said, four judges still gave the element +2 and one judge gave it +3, so they weren't too bothered by the ! call either.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Nobody touched me this morning like Satoko. Rika Kihira, Mariah Bell and Alena Leonova were really luminous, and Liza was really exciting... but still no comparison imo.

zounger

Medalist
It's almost impossible for Liza to win this. Her BV for free plus the 1,6 factoring of PCS will keep her behind Satoko and probably someone else too. Her goal most likely is go clean and just make the podium.

leoleo

Medalist
What do I gotta do to get Rika gold and Eunsoo on the podium tomorrow? brb slaughtering some chickens :scard8:

Rika would have to land all her jumps cleanly, her base value is still the highest of the event, Satoko would probably need to make several mistakes too! for Eunsoo she'll have to be perfectly clean and Mai, Tuktik should make mistakes too. I don't know about Eunsoo getting on the podium, she hasn't skated to her FS cleanly this season :think: Satoko and Mai are usually consistent too!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
- Element matches music (good phrasing to the music)
- Very good body position (that's usually what saves her jumps)
- Good take-off and landing (until they care about pre-rotation, she will continue to get this bullet point)

I dont think they are giving her good take off GOE (if the pre rotation is visible), but they don't deduct for bad take off from her positives either. They are giving her eforthless GOE bullet along with those two you mentioned for +3 i think.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Rika would have to land all her jumps cleanly, her base value is still the highest of the event, Satoko would probably need to make several mistakes too! for Eunsoo she'll have to be perfectly clean and Mai, Tuktik should make mistakes too. I don't know about Eunsoo getting on the podium, she hasn't skated to her FS cleanly this season :think: Satoko and Mai are usually consistent too!

Stop, the reality of it all is just gonna make me sad lol. Satoko is certainly not going to give up even an inch tomorrow, so... next time, maybe? :shrug:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I dont think they are giving her good take off GOE (if the pre rotation is visible, but they don't deduct for bad take off from her positives either). They are giving her eforthless GOE bullet for +3 along with those two you mentioned i think.

Yeah, I think that's right as well. Effortless bullet for the most part. But I think she can get the good take-off for the 3Lo and the 2A. Toe jumps, not so much.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I can't get over the fact that they changed her glorious blue dress...For me the performance didn't look nearly as dramatic.
Yes, I liked the white dress at first glance. But watching the program I did miss the blue one. But I was really too awestruck by her incredible attack, speed, evocative performance, attention to detail to pay much mind. [emoji170]

leoleo

Medalist
Stop, the reality of it all is just gonna make me sad lol. Satoko is certainly not going to give up even an inch tomorrow, so... next time, maybe? :shrug:

Yeah, Satoko is a beast when she's on. I am crazy enough to stick to my clean japanese podium sweep predictions :laugh:

Leonardo

Final Flight
What do I gotta do to get Rika gold and Eunsoo on the podium tomorrow?

Therapy. Rika hit about 9605965060 3A's in training but always makes a mistake in the competition. So sad... Eunsoo is not a very consistent skater either. But I have high hopes for her.

Imho, the empress will just be the badass she's been this season and win the whole thing.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
I'm surprised by the ! on Eunsoo's 3Lz as well. I've replayed it many times on 0.25x speed and I think the edge is clean. That said, four judges still gave the element +2 and one judge gave it +3, so they weren't too bothered by the ! call either.

My thoughts as well. Eunsoo's edge is fine to me, while Satoko, f.e., has a clear inside edge on lz. It's strange how Eunsoo recieved ! and Satoko nothing.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think that's right as well. Effortless bullet for the most part. But I think she can get the good take-off for the 3Lo and the 2A. Toe jumps, not so much.
Do Miyahara's jumps look improved to you this season? The landings do to me.

rikaquegira

On the Ice

Yeah, that call was bonkers! Doesn’t she usually have problems with her 3F edge? Why did they call their Lutz?? I really don’t get it.

I had to go to YouTube and rewatch her program and I did not see the flat edge on her Lutz, but hey, so cute the uncles from BESP gushing over Eunsoo! And I was totally gushing too! I love that they love her SP as much as I do(which is a lot! [emoji23]). She’s a great talent and she showed just that here.