2018 NHK Ladies Short Program | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Short Program

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Alena only got GP because someone else WD from NHK though..... RusFed don't care much about her.

rei00

Rinkside
If Kovtun didn't like her, that's probably a great sign.
You just made my day XD
On Satoko's jumps: yeah... yeah, probably overscored TES. But I'm so glad she got PCS she deserves. That's a rare sight. Didn't expect scores that high, really.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Alena only got GP because someone else WD from NHK though..... RusFed don't care much about her.

Well they could have give it to Gubanova, Gulyakova, Sakhanovich, etc. Still good even if she got it after a withdrawal.

leoleo

Medalist
You just made my day XD
On Satoko's jumps: yeah... yeah, probably overscored TES. But I'm so glad she got PCS she deserves. That's a rare sight. Didn't expect scores that high, really.

I believe we should not get used to it unfortunately, maybe it's just because of the event being held in Japan, i doubt her pcs will stay this high all season which is a shame because if someone deserves those pcs scores it's her.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I believe we should not get used to it unfortunately, maybe it's just because of the event being held in Japan, i doubt her pcs will stay this high all season which is a shame because if someone deserves those pcs scores it's her.

She got 35 at US classic this season.
36 at Worlds in Milan last season.
I don't see why they would deflate if she doesn't make obvious mistakes.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I was very impressed with Rika. So sad she fell on her 3A, which was UR to be honest.
Satoko - brilliant performance, deserved PCS, but totally unacceptable TES. Should have been 4-5 points below Liza. Giving her +3+4 for the jumps is a joke. We're at NHK, the scoring of the Japanese in Japan is so much more generous than at SC and Rostelecom.
All the other girls were a joy to watch.

Well, Rika's 3A was indeed called UR.
I think that Liza deserved a larger lead, but not THAT larger. The difference in TES should be much bigger but the difference in pcs should also the higher. The empress deserved a 3 point lead, imo.
No, Satoko didn't get +4s for her jumps. She got one +4 in her entire protocol for the jumps, which got eliminated. Liza's spins received SIX +4s, but of course, nobody cares (including me, I love them both).

And no, the japanese didn't receive any gifts (except Satoko's jumps, but that happens everywhere, not only in Japan), two of them got UR calls and Mai was underscored in pcs as always. NHK is definitely one of the fairest competitions out there.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yes, I think she gets a little more height so that she can complete the rotation more fully and more accurately. It's still not enough height and power to get +4/+5, but I think she's improving on the toe jumps. If she has any substantial weakness, it's the consistency of the 3S.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well, Rika's 3A was indeed called UR.
I think that Liza deserved a larger lead, but not THAT larger. The difference in TES should be much bigger but the difference in pcs should also the higher. The empress deserved a 3 point lead, imo.

I agree.

And no, the japanese didn't receive any gifts (except Satoko's jumps, but that happens everywhere, not only in Japan), two of them got UR calls and Mai was underscored in pcs as always. NHK is definitely one of the fairest competitions out there.
Yes, aside Satoko, Japanese didn't get gifts. The judging was overall fair with almost everyone.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
A very interesting event and very bad judging. I am not a commentator on TV so that it's not a crime for me to say "It's Japan". I usually don't care about the scores when they don't affect placements. This time they did. Eunsoo Lim was a clear third. The tiny lead they gave to Liza means she has very few chances against Satoko in the free.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
A very interesting event and very bad judging. I am not a commentator on TV so that it's not a crime for me to say "It's Japan". I usually don't care about the scores when they don't affect placements. This time they did. Eunsoo Lim was a clear third. The tiny lead they gave to Liza means she has very few chances against Satoko in the free.

Satoko was the only Japanese lady held up in the scores. Her 3Lz was ! and the 3T was probably UR. The +3s for the jumps you could argue against but you could also say she does check 3 bullets: good body position, creative entry, good takeoff and landing. With that said, she did get 35PCS when Liza got 32 which is fairly generous score to Elizaveta imo. So as always, I’ll say “it evens out” in the end? Because Satoko is a 38~39PCS skater but she never gets that kind of score.

About the other ladies, Rika was scored fairly low in PCS and her 3A was indeed called UR. Mai Mihara also got a UR call and her PCS was as low as always(lower than Liza’s even!!!).

So, I woud not say “it’s Japan”.

Eunsoo Lim definitely could’ve got a higher score though, but she’s underscored anywhere and the crazy call on her 3Lz was given by the non-Japanese tech panel so...

I do agree that the judging was bad but it’s not because “it’s Japan”, it’s just because, you know, ISU...

rachno2

Record Breaker
Just caught up and Liza :bow: Yet again I doubted her and yet again she delivered. She has by far the most beautiful jumps in the ladies field.
- Tiny Queen was heavenly :luv17: could have gotten even more PCS, but then I'm biased
- The BESP uncles are absolutely in love with Eunsoo’s skating, and I don’t blame them! Korean ladies RISE :cheer:
- It's a testament to the sheer depth in the Japanese ladies field that Mai is kind of forgotten. She's a beautiful skater, but I definitely preferred Eunsoo.
- Too bad Rika couldn't rotate/land the 3A, but I thought she held the rest of the performance together so well! A good debut for her imo.
- Masha's SP is blocked on YouTube, so I didn't get a chance to see it. But it looks like she got eaten alive by the technical panel, just as I suspected.
- I thought Kailani was underscored. Her final spin was AMAZING.
- Leonova’s love for figure skating is so heartwarming. I’m glad she’s still going.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well they could have give it to Gubanova, Gulyakova, Sakhanovich, etc. Still good even if she got it after a withdrawal.

RusFed does not assign the replacement - Japanese Fed does. Why would they invite Gubanova, Gulyakova, or Sakhanovich, since all of them can challenge for medals this season?

kimi492

Final Flight
Dropped by to say Eunsoo was so underscored in PCS - she should have broken 70 and been neck and neck with Mai

SXTN

Final Flight
I have never been a fan of Satoko for obvious reasons (= the jumps) but for the first time ever I have rewatched her program already multiple times today. It is soooo WOW.

I would have subtracted the GOE on some of her jumps and added those points to her PCS.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Satoko was the only Japanese lady held up in the scores. Her 3Lz was ! and the 3T was probably UR. The +3s for the jumps you could argue against but you could also say she does check 3 bullets: good body position, creative entry, good takeoff and landing. With that said, she did get 35PCS when Liza got 32 which is fairly generous score to Elizaveta imo. So as always, I’ll say “it evens out” in the end? Because Satoko is a 38~39PCS skater but she never gets that kind of score.

IMO i haven't seen a 38-39 PCS skater yet, since this is basically perfection. I haven't seen perfection yet.
But i would say that Satoko is 36-37 PCS skater (and 30-36 TES skater)