2018 NHK Men's Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Men's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Shoma sounds so different from what I imagined...but then I'm not entirely sure what I did imagine :laugh:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Poor Shoma, he's saying in the winner's interview that he realises he couldn't fulfill the audience's high expectations.
His priority is to skate clean in both SP and FP.
He was under a lot of pressure, I mean, he HAD to win NHK. Second wasn't an option.
I'm sure he will up his game in the lead-up to Worlds.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow the red carpets are out already! The Japanese are so organised!

I missed watching the ladies medal ceremony so I'm interested to see what the medals look like here.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Poor Shoma, he's saying in the winner's interview that he realises he couldn't fulfill the audience's high expectations.
His priority is to skate clean in both SP and FP.
He was under a lot of pressure, I mean, he HAD to win NHK. Second wasn't an option.
I'm sure he will up his game in the lead-up to Worlds.

Thanks for the translation!

I'm also intrigued by your avatar, is it an accurate representation of yourself? :)

Sergei! The crowd showers him with love, yay!

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
Aliev has stolen my fandom this year...I don't want his programs to end.

Ahhh, Uno always seems genuinely sweet

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Wow the red carpets are out already! The Japanese are so organised!

I missed watching the ladies medal ceremony so I'm interested to see what the medals look like here.

Apparently they're decent ones, not glass or plastic stars lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit Russian stream died, anyone got an emergency link for the medal ceremony?

Leonardo

Final Flight
My beloved Shoma, coach fluffy and santa claus, I've never asked for anything, but here we go:

1- Could you go back to the previous costumes? Especially for the short program?

2- Could you add more transitions in the free? It looks so empty... Please. Your SS are so good, I know you can do it.

3- Could you hit that free and stop making silly mistakes once in a lifetime?

4- Could you get rid of the warhorse musics for the free programs? Your other choreos/musics were so much better and more original.

Thank you.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: Tiny Shoma will never not be funny! Look Sergei's taller than him still despite been on the 2nd step!

Oh nice medals and Shizuka!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ha ha, Shoma juggling the trophy and flowers.

Japan has a good anthem.

GGFan

Record Breaker
My beloved Shoma, coach fluffy and santa claus, I've never asked for anything, but here we go:

4- Could you get rid of the warhorse musics for the free programs? Your other choreos/musics were so much better and more original.

Thank you.

Was it the short his first year as a senior that had the funky music? That was so interesting and fresh. That's where I thought his career was going. I thought that after the Olympics he would stop playing it safe. I would love for him to do something modern and contemporary.