2018 NHK Trophy: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Trophy: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews

Casual

On the Ice
In pairs, I always enjoy Peng and Jen and was happy to see them podium. Very glad for the Knierims that they made the podium with a redemptive skate of sorts. They have some WOW elements, and I hope eventually they can get back to their 4Tw. Their training situation hasn't been easy these past few months, and I hope they can settle in and get down to business now that they are with Todd and Jenny. They took away some great lessons from Aliona, and I hope they can continue to incorporate the things she taught them. Glad they are sticking with their Benoit choreography. Disappointed that Tarah and Danny didn't have a better showing. Looking forward to good things from Audrey Lu and partner.

I was very happy for Peng and Jen. I always enjoy their style and musicality. Podium well deserved.

I never liked Knierims, but I actually loved this FS. A lot! Before, something was missing in their skating (for me), but now it felt like it was present. Their brief training with Aljona left its mark. Their throw jumps were humongous, and they seemed more polished and very intense, somehow. I hope they bounce back, now that their training situation is resolved.

I couldn't get over the dourness of Zabiiako/Enbert's music. It fit their style, but I found the moody song awful. Can't imagine having to train to that. :laugh:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
They must NEVER know this forum exists. Never.:laugh:

Au contraire, we need more Japanese fans here to help keep the fanfests of Japanese skaters* alive and share info that your excellent (and to us non-native speakers, unintelligible ;) ) magazines provide.
* - other than Yuzuru, Shoma and the top ladies, that goes without saying :)