2018 Olympic Figure Skating Livestreams | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Livestreams

reneerose

Final Flight
Any word on where to watch the events after the fact? Will they go up on YouTube in a timely manner? I have rehearsal tonight and am going to miss the men's team event [emoji24][emoji24]

I want to know this as well. It's so sad that NBC will immediately yank videos that anyone tries to post on YT for Olympic performances because of broadcast copyright or music copyright. I totally hate that they cut out Besseghier and Bychenko yesterday. Someone will have to start a secret unlisted YT channel and send out the link to forum members under cover of private messaging, probably the only way to get around NBC cutting and yanking everything. Sad.

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I want to know this as well. It's so sad that NBC will immediately yank videos that anyone tries to post on YT for Olympic performances because of broadcast copyright or music copyright. I totally hate that they cut out Besseghier and Bychenko yesterday. Someone will have to start a secret unlisted YT channel and send out the link to forum members under cover of private messaging, probably the only way to get around NBC cutting and yanking everything. Sad.

Actually, I think most of the time it's an algorithm to find them. For instance, if the NBC tone is left in, or Tara and Johnny's voices, even sometimes the NBC symbol in the upper right, it gets blocked without anyone's actual eyeballs. Perhaps they don't run the algorithm all the time (which is why some of the Sochi videos stayed up starting about 2 years ago) or release the auto-block during the next Games. I bet someone could get away with youtube listing for a while if they modified the broadcast to block the logo and use audio software to raise the pitch of the audio track, but that's a lot of work when there are a dozen or more performances. Video rendering, especially in HD, can take a heck of a lot of time. (And then it still might get blocked once it hits a certain view level.)

EDIT: This comes from my experience posting to YT in the latter half of this season. Ironically, icenetwork, which is a paid subscriber service and stands to lose more viewers from having videos on YT, doesn't take the time to police INW videos like NBC does.

reneerose

Final Flight
I still think the recent appearance of Sochi videos is because NBC was actually posting it on their own YT channel....or perhaps it's been so long now that NBC doesn't care about Sochi anymore. I hate that YT cannot be an online archival for Olympics skates as it is for other competitions. Edited to add: I found out how to get into the NBC livestream replay for the men's SP. But now I'm wondering what the names are of the two commentators there....so much better than having to listen to T & J.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
NBC Coverage - http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-watch-literally-all-figure-skating-during-2018-winter-olympics-pyeongchang

I finally got serious with the streaming page, and I find there is a bit of a difference with the scheduling tonight, Saturday, 02/10 - though most of you have probably already figured it out. These times are Eastern -

Olympic Ice - PRE SHOW - 7:00 pm
Ladies, Dance, and Pairs free skate team competition - 8:00 pm
Olympic Ice - POST SHOW - 12:35 am

There was an Olympic Ice Post show on Thursday that I missed. It is available on the streaming page

whatif

Medalist
For anyone who has Apple Tv. You can download Russian Channel 1 app and they are showing all figure skating events live with TAT commentary. No geoblocking so far.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Does anyone know how to live stream in Australia?
Even with three (THREE, dammit!!) stations supposedly dedicated to covering the Games, AND an app which is meant to live stream, the skating coverage is abysmal :(
You have to be parked in front of the TV to catch the highlights of the team event, and the app not only isn’t archiving footage like it did for Rio, but it’s also not showing the events when they actually happen!! Arrrgggh!!!

And this is, like, the first Olympics to be actually held in our time zone (at least of recent years) - how they are messing this up is beyond me!! :(

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Don't remind me! They're showing coverage of stuff last night and too many highlights an interviews, channel 7 of course have recieved many complaints...

mouse

Rinkside
Help! Can't stream Olympics and can't MISS

I've been trying to stream through YouTube and I'm missing everything. I don't have NBC as a streaming option for some reason and while I found a schedule that had skating on NBC Sports Network that is not actually showing the skating. Hulu is the same with no NBC. Xfinity doesn't have any options for my locations.

I'm getting desperate. I can live without the team stuff if I have to but I don't want to miss everything.

any ideas?

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
I've been trying to stream through YouTube and I'm missing everything. I don't have NBC as a streaming option for some reason and while I found a schedule that had skating on NBC Sports Network that is not actually showing the skating. Hulu is the same with no NBC. Xfinity doesn't have any options for my locations.

I'm getting desperate. I can live without the team stuff if I have to but I don't want to miss everything.

any ideas?

Centurylinkstream is $45 for a month (you get a free trial for a week) and includes NBC and the Olympic channel. Maybe try them?
https://www.centurylinkstream.com

Barb

Record Breaker

any ideas?

You can try install VPN free https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/setupvpn-lifetime-free-vp/oofgbpoabipfcfjapgnbbjjaenockbdp

And access to streams from other countries. I think you can access to those https://www.clarovideo.com/playerhtm...725209&is_live

http://olimpicos.marcaclaro.com/en-vivo/#cs=1

http://olimpicos.marcaclaro.com/en-vivo/#cs=2

From a Latinoamerican country

I think maybe works with Eurosport too.

----------
thread for live stream https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?69393-2018-Olympic-Figure-Skating-Livestreams/page2

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Does anyone know how to live stream in Australia?
Even with three (THREE, dammit!!) stations supposedly dedicated to covering the Games, AND an app which is meant to live stream, the skating coverage is abysmal :(
You have to be parked in front of the TV to catch the highlights of the team event, and the app not only isn’t archiving footage like it did for Rio, but it’s also not showing the events when they actually happen!! Arrrgggh!!!

And this is, like, the first Olympics to be actually held in our time zone (at least of recent years) - how they are messing this up is beyond me!! :(
https://olympicson7.seven.com.au/live/49
go to the page on and the right hand side it should have sports, click and figure skating and voila!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ben Agosto said he was commentating on the NBC 4K stream, how do you find that? I am streaming the NBC stream and it has a british lady and some stupid guy.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Don't remind me! They're showing coverage of stuff last night and too many highlights an interviews, channel 7 of course have recieved many complaints...

Good! Lol. Hopefully they lift their game! Personally I think it classifies as “misleading & deceptive conduct” or “false advertising” to say “on the channels of 7” when literally only one is showing any (I’ll just be drafting my AAC complaint over here lol ).

I guess we should’ve realised what we were in for when the pre-recorded, edited, probably costly *let’s all visit this city!!!* fluff piece referred to Peyongyang instead of PyeongChang 😂