• Yuzuru HANYU

Votes: 129 90.8%
  • Mikhail KOLYADA

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Country
Russia
Men in order of Season Best of this season (got at Challenger Series and previous GP Events)
In ( ) - previous best, only for skaters who have not best of this season.
1 Yuzuru HANYU JPN 297.12
2 Mikhail KOLYADA RUS 274.37
3 Keegan MESSING CAN 265.17
4 Andrei LAZUKIN RUS 243.45 (NEW!!!)
5 Morisi KVITELASHVILI GEO 231.19
6 Paul FENTZ GER (230.92)
7 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 226.64
8 Artur DMITRIEV RUS 225.31
9 Kazuki TOMONO JPN 220.83
10 Brendan KERRY AUS 220.08
11 Alexei KRASNOZHON USA 211.03
12 Julian Zhi Jie YEE MAS 207.51

WD Alexey EROKHOV RUS 214.59

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yuzuru should win, as long as he doesn't start a new tradition of botching his second Grand Prix event.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Yuzuru!!! Get that Gold!!

I hope Kolyada has a better outing worthy of his potential. Even if he can’t make it to GP Final I want him to have a second GP with a podium finish.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Will Dmitriev actually attempt the 4A? :handw: And will we see another exotic jump combination from him?
Will Hanyu improve on his Helsinki performance?
Messing will probably be in GPF, but will he secure it with a silver or a bronze?
Most importantly, will I see a happy and healthy Kolyada in the Kiss & Cry? :pray:

Also looking forward to Julian's performances! He was the highlight of Skate America for me. Hopefully we can see his gala again :yay:

Tutto

Record Breaker
No one seems to even mention Kazuki Tomono and yet came in third in LP in Milan, could he be a dark horse of this GP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I would be absolutely shocked if Keegan won gold here, but I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he skates lights out again at this competition and gets on that podium. GO KEEGAN! ALASKA STRONG! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Rostelecom was the GP Denis Ten was assigned to this season, right? I remember being really surprised that he wanted to continue, but looking forward to his new programs, and hoping he would find back to former glory. I wonder if they'll do something in his honor. I still can't believe he's really gone, but the GP season is already in its later half.....it's hard to fathom.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My favorites here are the Japanese men, Yuzuru is 99.9% going to win this so I just want to see him better on his FS (not that he did bad in Helsinki, he was great, but it hasn't matched the sheer magic and brilliance he showed with the SP so far), my prayers are going to be for Kazuki. Clean, Kazuki, clean, you are bursting with charm and with the skill, you just have to be clean and show that to everyone... :pray:

For others, Julian Yee is quite delightful, hope he does better in the free this time (he was awesome with his short last time). Overall, be clean gentlemen, you cannot repeat NHK.

Edit: Oh right, Andrei Lazukin replaced Erokov! Davai Andrei, hope you have a better free this time (Liza T's watching ;))

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm torn between "Yay, Brendan!" and "Oh no, Disaster Grease."

Oh well, Julian will make me happy as well!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzuru should win, as long as he doesn't start a new tradition of botching his second Grand Prix event.

Even if Yuzu isn't 100% clean, there's no reason why he wouldn't win. It isn't as if the other men in this competition are known for squeaky-clean performances.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My favorites here are the Japanese men, Yuzuru is 99.9% going to win this so I just want to see him better on his FS (not that he did bad in Helsinki, he was great, but it hasn't matched the sheer magic and brilliance he showed with the SP so far),

Getting his 200 back will make him happy, so (hopefully this won't jinx) that is what I am wishing for for him. Oh yes, and a win. I'm yet again swithering for 2nd and 3rd... hell, I'd make a bad judge :biggrin:

my prayers are going to be for Kazuki. Clean, Kazuki, clean, you are bursting with charm and with the skill, you just have to be clean and show that to everyone... :pray:

I think if he can, his popularity is going to skyrocket, that kitten-in-oversized-glasses look of his is just made to make for fandom....

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Getting his 200 back will make him happy, so (hopefully this won't jinx) that is what I am wishing for for him. Oh yes, and a win. I'm yet again swithering for 2nd and 3rd... hell, I'd make a bad judge :biggrin:

Judging from his "Hmm, not 200, but I'll take it" look at Helsinki, he might just go "Whew, now that's better" even on getting that 200+, but then that's Yuzuru. :laugh: May he pull off a performance and get a score that'll make him go :eek: (am I the only one who thinks he looks like a chipmunk when he's in happy shock mode?)

I think if he can, his popularity is going to skyrocket, that kitten-in-oversized-glasses look of his is just made to make for fandom....

It could rain ramen plushies if only he got consistent with his jumps... And I just realized that I really want to see a rainfall of ramen plushies, so please be clean (and if you can, snatch a medal) Kazuki :laugh: :pray:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm super excited to see Yuzu for the first time live! Especially since he is in such great form. I just wish that Misha won't fall apart and really gives him a good competition. Keegan is more than likely on the podium, but I'll also keep my fingers crossed for Morisi! :hap10:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Rostelecom was the GP Denis Ten was assigned to this season, right? I remember being really surprised that he wanted to continue, but looking forward to his new programs, and hoping he would find back to former glory. I wonder if they'll do something in his honor. I still can't believe he's really gone, but the GP season is already in its later half.....it's hard to fathom.

Yeah it is. TAT has been posting about him recently and they opened a memorial in Russia at a house he lived in so I have a feeling there might be some sort of reference to his life.

Weetos

Final Flight
My favorites here are the Japanese men, Yuzuru is 99.9% going to win this so I just want to see him better on his FS (not that he did bad in Helsinki, he was great, but it hasn't matched the sheer magic and brilliance he showed with the SP so far), my prayers are going to be for Kazuki. Clean, Kazuki, clean, you are bursting with charm and with the skill, you just have to be clean and show that to everyone... :pray:

For others, Julian Yee is quite delightful, hope he does better in the free this time (he was awesome with his short last time). Overall, be clean gentlemen, you cannot repeat NHK.

Yes, please let Kazuki skate well, I know he can be wonderful, just land those jumps :pray: he is the cutest little button and I so want to see him shine!!

Also hoping for a good skate for Julian too!!

Edit: And Yuzu. I forgot to put Yuzu. But that should kind of go without saying.
Break that 200 again Yuzu!! :cheer:

Edit2: Also Misha please no heartbreak this time.

thewaltzgoeson

Spectator
I really hope Keegan takes silver! His short program is fantastic this year. He's never going to knock Yuzuru, Shoma, or Nathan from the top, but he's one of my favorite skaters, and I'd like to see him cement his place near the top.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm hoping to see Keegan get 2nd and secure his GPF place, but I also want Misha to have a better skate, so I'm okay with him beating Keegan.