• Yuzuru HANYU

Votes: 129 90.8%
  • Mikhail KOLYADA

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lusk8

Record Breaker
Yuzuru I’m counting on you to bring out the fun like you did in Helsinki, and Inspect the ice too.

Kolyada it is redemption time, have a great skate and end your participation in this year’s GP circuit in a high note.

Keegan is headed for the GP Final só I hope he can secure his ticket.

King Julian (I loved you at Skate America) have a great skate!!

To all the men I wish you clean skates!!

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Yuzuru, don’t be inclined to fulfill your annual quota of GP silver here, alright?
Hoping for a good skate from Yuzuru, I think he’s aiming for 100+ and 200+ so hope it all goes well.
Also praying for Kazuki and Kolyada to skate to their ability and not lose to their nerves. And Julian, too, I’ll be praying 🙏

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Good luck Alexei and Julian... :hap10: :dance3: :dance:

skateflake

On the Ice
2018 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Pre-game Chat

When I typed in Rostelecom to make my GP predictions this week, autocorrect changed it to Armageddon! Hope this means my device is a demonic prankster, not prescient.

skateflake

On the Ice
2018 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Pre-game Chat

To karne, commitments will keep me from watching Russia so just let me say:

Call all the URs that you may see,
A Disaster there might possibly be,
Just please don't use the word WORST,
Or you will get a quibble from me.
(Especially in reference to a certain skater! Or Yee.)

Though for this competition, I would not know.
Really admire y enjoy all the play-by-players!)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzuru, don’t be inclined to fulfill your annual quota of GP silver here, alright?

See, I feel that competitions are so MUCH more fun when it's not a foregone conclusion who will win. I'd like to see Kolyada or even, miraculously, Messing be on top or, at least, win the SP or the FS. But most of all I'd like those two to skate well and be happy with their skates, whatever the result. And I wish that for everyone here! I would think Hanyu would maybe be even more inspired if he comes away from the occasional comp with a silver. But what do I know. :)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm torn between "Yay, Brendan!" and "Oh no, Disaster Grease."

Oh well, Julian will make me happy as well!

:rofl:

I wonder if Grease will be one of those programs that actually grows on me over time, after an initial "what the heck?" It's happened before, but I admit it's hard to imagine at the moment.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Alexei K !!!:hap10: I'm really looking forward to his skates!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
See, I feel that competitions are so MUCH more fun when it's not a foregone conclusion who will win. I'd like to see Kolyada or even, miraculously, Messing be on top or, at least, win the SP or the FS. But most of all I'd like those two to skate well and be happy with their skates, whatever the result. And I wish that for everyone here! I would think Hanyu would maybe be even more inspired if he comes away from the occasional comp with a silver. But what do I know. :)

Silver makes him kuyashii (one of the first words a Yuzuru - or probably any Japanese skater's - fan learns , it seems :laugh: ) but so does gold if he doesn't skate as well as he thinks he ought so, so what I am hoping for is that he does two skates that make him happy and content. Which - Yuzu being, well, Yuzu - means lights out)

(and he does want his 200 back, and stat. Though it would also be glorious to see that at the final)

:rofl:

I wonder if Grease will be one of those programs that actually grows on me over time, after an initial "what the heck?" It's happened before, but I admit it's hard to imagine at the moment.

Junliette is managing it for a surprising number of people.... did anyone look forward to it when Junhwan first announced it?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To karne, commitments will keep me from watching Russia so just let me say:

Call all the URs that you may see,
A Disaster there might possibly be,
Just please don't use the word WORST,
Or you will get a quibble from me.
(Especially in reference to a certain skater! Or Yee.)

Though for this competition, I would not know.
Really admire y enjoy all the play-by-players!)

Indeed! *salutes*

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This could be a very interesting competition.

Of course, I'm rooting for Moris, because I'm always Team Georgia.

I'm also looking for a better performance from Brendan. I didn't hate Grease as much as most of you. If he skated it clean and built some momentum and enthusiasm as the program progressed, I think it can be an effective program. I kinda wish he'd gone old school with Travolta and Newton-John lyrics.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junliette is managing it for a surprising number of people.... did anyone look forward to it when Junhwan first announced it?

Yeah, that's a good example, although I didn't have an opinion ahead of time. I loved it from the first time I saw it, at what was it, AC, where he performed it so well. Of course, I am a sucker for charisma, and Junhwan has got IT !

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA didn't want him,

I wouldn't say that. Seems to me he had a longer way to climb when he skated for USA, and many more ahead of him that he needed to catch up with.

I enjoyed his Incredible Hulk and other older programs, but I think Keegan's really developed and found his chosen path. I'm a fan and want to see him do well whoever he skates for. And I'm happy that he's happy in Canada. But we USA fans still get to claim him. My opinion.