2018 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Short Program

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IMO this music is too much for them. But those costumes are adorable, and that's a really clever design for his shirt. :love:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I really hope T/M's programs work better for international audiences because for US viewers, this song is overused commercial fodder and I hate it for this team.

I don't know about others, but I don't dig the music either... Much better costumes though.

s_parks

Record Breaker
T/M just don't do it for me. Great SS and elements(when they hit, ofc) aside, they're just not special from a performance/artistic point of view. :slink:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
T/M just don't do it for me. Great SS and elements(when they hit, ofc) aside, they're just not special from a performance/artistic point of view. :slink:

Well yeah, but the elements are impressive!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Bill and Fleur did well. The costumes are a great improvement over last season's Hufflepuff horror.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

The elements are superb. But here's a hint Mr M: the song is called "I Feel Good." Most of the time you look either totally stoic or faintly embarrassed. Admittedly this is a big advance over last year's FP where you looked hugely embarrassed, but how can I have fun with your program when you look like it's a chore?

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I really hope T/M's programs work better for international audiences because for US viewers, this song is overused commercial fodder and I hate it for this team.

I hate this song for them so much. I don't know why anyone would look at their style and think you know what? Let's give 'em some good ol' James Brown cheese! They're so much better than this music/this program. At least their LP is good.

Guys, I am very sorry, but Nina Mozer really is about that Elton John 80s look these days...:slink:, first glasses, now hair...

I find her aesthetic choices so alarming.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well no surprises there, they are technically very strong. Now I'm going to get some late-night snacks for me to survive the emotional roller coaster that is the ladies...

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I love T/M, I agree that the choreo is a little bit awkward at the beginning... :scratch2: But man they delivered today a great performance, and that throw was indeed impressive! Looking forward to their FP, I love their FP from this season!:luv17:

It was a great competition, altough I managed to watch only the last group it was very enjoyable! :clapper:

champagnerain

Final Flight
I think I saw Morozov actually emoting for a second in a way that didn't look like desperate annoyance at skating to this kind of music. :laugh2:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

For me it is a bit of a visual clash between their classical appearance, long, extended lines, statuesque figures and the music that is all about attitude and ability to sell it personally. The movement for me, apart from few 'woo-hoo' hands in the air could suit dozens of other songs/music. They looked solid though, but for me and for qualities/potential they have, it is all pretty bland. Don't get me wrong - I am all about redefinition and challenging yourself with something new, but they already been there and the music is still bigger than them and their skating.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think I saw Morozov actually emoting for a second in a way that didn't look like desperate annoyance at skating to this kind of music. :laugh2:

On the other hand, you must admit that music for their FP is very serious, so they have to ballance it with something lighter :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have you heard the saying "If it weren't for the hundred years' war, it was a great century"? haha. But it wasn't that bad. Seriously, for Cain and Leduc to completely miss that throw, which was a complete fluke and never happens, but to get Level 3 twist for the first time, and positive Goe on it, and to have those SBS jumps so gorgeous and confident, it was great. Their SBS spins are great, and their lifts and steps, mmmmwwwah.

Most importantly, they kept their performance at a very high level, and the PCS reflected that fact. I feel that international judges are noticing and rewarding their steady progress. I'm really proud of them, and I hope this mishap will light a fire under them tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm very happy to see T/M up to their fabulous standard. Really enjoyed their program, and also the program of Daria and Denis ... they have such a crisp, refined quality to their technique.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
For me it is a bit of a visual clash between their classical appearance, long, extended lines, statuesque figures and the music that is all about attitude and ability to sell it personally. The movement for me, apart from few 'woo-hoo' hands in the air could suit dozens of other songs/music. They looked solid though, but for me and for qualities/potential they have, it is all pretty bland. Don't get me wrong - I am all about redefinition and challenging yourself with something new, but they already been there and the music is still bigger than them and their skating.

THIS SO MUCH. They have such a refined, sophisticated, classical style that they can do so well. I don't understand why their team is trying to fit a round peg into a square hole with some of these programs. Just let them be great! I'm not saying every program has to look the same but just...not this. Lightness is not synonymous with cheese.

I really hope their free program is the direction they choose for the future because it's a million times better and more suited to them.

Though at least these costumes are 8000% better than Candyman.