2018 Rostelecom Cup: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
That's what Plushy predicted would happen:

"The new judging system is a way to nowhere. When skaters jump quads, they need more time to recover. And you still need to show music, interpretation, you need to extend the program on the contrary. The new rules won’t be a good thing. We will go back on 10-20 years and we will simply skate and wave beautifully. "

(Emphasis mine.)

https://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plushenko-the-new-judging-system-is-a-way-to-nowhere/

Well, i dont have a problem with beautifull waving. Or someone jumps zilion quads without something more. Whatever skaters want to do, just when you go for anything you are good at, make it good :biggrin:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
So... Heres the thing.. Regarding Gracie skating and the withdrawing.. I feel that for whatever reason she was rushed into this event.. clearly she was not ready, clearly she needs more time and THATS OK!! Like i said on my youtube channel The FreeSkate ( nice plug eh? lol) if you're not mentally fit and at your best you sure wont physically be. Its JUST as important to be mentally sound. I'm glad she withdrew in the FS. I am unsure why though she was even in this event. She has a four year plan. There is absolutly no point in tryin to prove your self in year 1 of 4. Take your time, train hard, and when YOU are ready then you come back and show us.

Zagitova.. Im still not thrilled with her Carmen.. its really underwhelming. She has beautiful jumps right now but her footwork is over dramatized by her use of arms.. her edges are not as crisp and clean as some other skaters. Im not entirely sure if she should be getting WR scores. Her PCS I think is still too high.

Super impressed with Alexia Paganini, I watched her last year and liked the way she skated. I like her music choices, they suit her. She really needs to work on her speed and conditioning. I say if she was stronger at that part right now she would of won a medal here. By far and away the best shes skates in an event.

The Men.. ugh.. Seriously.. I dont even know where to start. Id actually love to see an event that bans quads at this point just so we see some nice clean skating. Poor Hanyu with his injury again but this isnt something to rush.. is hes out of GP Final and nationals..so be it.. more important he comes back for worlds.. If hes better to compete and is strong, then all the power to him. I hope he gets better soon. How crazy it that Georgia has its first GP figure skating medal ever.. Congrats to Morisi.. he isnt the most beautiful skater that we've seen but hes capitalized on staying on his feet and giving us a good performance. At this point if he can stay clean at worlds..he might even win a medal.. I'm actually not even kidding. The way we have seen the men self destruct this year ..anything can happen.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
2018 Rostelecom Cup: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews

I was just so happy with the ladies podium! So happy for the top three, and Eunsoo for having a clean skate after her SP! I always also happy for Alexia surprising us with two clean skates and a 4th. And of course Yuzu’s SP was the highlight for me [emoji24][emoji7] and a big congrats to Moris and Kazuki for getting on the podium too [emoji1373]
Too tired to into any detail like I usually do [emoji23]

LadyB

Record Breaker
Being there live made up for a sometimes boring competition. I'm happy with Tarasova/Morozov's form this season and can only admire Zhenya for showing yet again what a warrior she is. I was impressed by Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Stepanova/Bukin and seeing Yuzu for the first time live was definitely an experience. Misha, Misha, Misha :shrug:.... but I was totally thrilled by Morisi and Kazuki. That Irish number is just fantastic, and so is his gala. I think, Hurtado/Khaliavin deserve everything they can get.

Big thanks again this time to Moscow and its fantastic people, my friends and particular thanks to [email protected] for his incredible generosity.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
That's what Plushy predicted would happen:

"The new judging system is a way to nowhere. When skaters jump quads, they need more time to recover. And you still need to show music, interpretation, you need to extend the program on the contrary. The new rules won’t be a good thing. We will go back on 10-20 years and we will simply skate and wave beautifully. "

(Emphasis mine.)

https://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plushenko-the-new-judging-system-is-a-way-to-nowhere/

It's sort of an ironic thing for him to say, as he was the king of excessive arm movements.