2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Samarin, Bukins & now Zagi

This judging is smth else:taunt:

moriel

Record Breaker
Yup. Kaetlyn Osmond has a very strong SP, if not the strongest SP of all ladies this year, when peformed cleanly. The only one able to beat her in the SP is Evgenia.
But Maybe Evgenia in the short and Alina in the Free ?

That is something i think would be a smart choice.
Evgenia can totally beat Osmond in SP, but both Alina and Evgenia can beat Osmond in free, so...

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay but that tano of Sotskova is so ugly... can't she put her arm in a prettier position there?

The "ugly" hand position is the way it's supposed to be done. It's a ballet move, one that skaters long before Boitano had used from time to time. The straight arm position is the one that would look weird, if not ugly, in a ballet.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Zagitova received -2 or even -3 for her combo, but in reality she lost only 1.5 points for it.:palmf:
and? -2-3 fair goe for her mistake.
how much should she lost for this mistake? :sarcasm:
-1.5 from b.v and she would get about +1.5 goe if clean.. soooo about 3 points more. ;)

madison

Record Breaker
That is something i think would be a smart choice.
Evgenia can totally beat Osmond in SP, but both Alina and Evgenia can beat Osmond in free, so...

But we don't know if Evgenia will be willing to do both short and free and more important if her health will allow her to that.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Zagitova got around 35 PCS at the GPF, if i'm not mistaken. I think the PCS here, given the fact that this is a domestic competition, are not ridiculous.
I think all three top ladies looked tentative today. Not the skate of their life for sure.

Her PCS at the GPF were an absolute joke though. She shouldn't be scoring over 32-33 PCS - especially with an error... her PCS at the GPF would have been better used here (taking Nationals inflation into account). Man, the Russian fed is desperate to have Zagitova and Sotskova make the team as evidenced by their crazy PCS. Although at least Sotskova was clean.

Country
Russia
Horrible home judging.
But so many excellent girls. And no really weak skaters, even mistaken Yakovleva - her problem is unstability not low level, I've seen her alive at 5th Event of Russian Cup, nice skating.

No 3+2 combos, only two 3T+3T, no 3S+3T - very high jumping skills.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
and? -2-3 fair goe for her mistake.
how much should she lost for this mistake? :sarcasm:
-1.5 from b.v and she would get about +1.5 goe if clean.. soooo about 3 points more. ;)

I know, the rules are so. But I personally would give Tuktamysheva for her fabulous 3T3T more points than Zagitova for her botched 3Lz3Lo.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Haven’t watched the competition, but very sad for Radionova. So, so hope she keeps on. Russia(and me) needs characters like her. GO Elena!

The "ugly" hand position is the way it's supposed to be done. It's a ballet move, one that skaters long before Boitano had used from time to time. The straight arm position is the one that would look weird, if not ugly, in a ballet.

Really? I haven’t watched much ballet, but every time I see Maria’s hand-move I laugh to myself. In which ballet does that belong???

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
But we don't know if Evgenia will be willing to do both short and free and more important if her health will allow her to that.

I don't think that even if Evgenia is back to full health that only 1 lady would skate in the team event. I think Evgenia short and Alina free would be smart to not put all their eggs in one basket - look how it ended for Lipnitskaya.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone able to share Yulia's thoughts on Gubanova and Sima? :pray:

Lana05

Final Flight
Someone commented in Tutberidze fun group in VK that Maria Sotskova's SP is overscored and there should be TOP3 from Tutberidze. I wrote that my personal opinion is Masha 1st with her wonderful performance while Zagitova has mistaken. And I was BANNED! WHAT???? :noshake:

Lzbee

Final Flight
It's so nice to see Tuk and Gubanova skate clean after their recent struggles. Gubanova is very pleasant to watch, I hope she can have some successes in seniors. Sad for Elena. I'm rooting for her to skate well enough in the free to be happy with what she's achieved.

Polina and Maria both have massive jumps but Maria please please do rippons instead...

Kostornaia is so girly and childlike off ice but on the ice she's regal, a queen, with a piercing, commanding gaze. It's a very different style from outwardly expressive skaters, like Samodurova. It'll be interesting to see how she improves in this aspect as she's already massively improved elsewhere eg. her leg wrap compared to the JGP.

Alina has very nice spins imo. Very fast and smooth between positions. But her PCS... lol. She starts off well but then she kind of... forgets to stay in character and reverts to smiley cute Alina after a while? Imo she should get around the same as Wakaba, maybe slightly less, as the transitions should cancel out the gap for performance and interpretation. Yeah I get that this is nationals judging but the thing is, international judges are also giving her crazy high PCS as well when she's no Medvedeva.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Someone commented in Tutberidze fun group in VK that Maria Sotskova's SP is overscored and there should be TOP3 from Tutberidze. I wrote that my personal opinion is Masha 1st with her wonderful performance while Zagitova has mistaken. And I was BANNED! WHAT???? :noshake:

burn the heretic! :laugh2:

russianfan

Match Penalty
Kostornaia is so girly and childlike off ice but on the ice she's regal, a queen, with a piercing, commanding gaze. It's a very different style from outwardly expressive skaters, like Samodurova. It'll be interesting to see how she improves in this aspect as she's already massively improved elsewhere eg. her leg wrap compared to the JGP.

couldn't say better than that! :agree:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Could see it coming but it still is sad to see a pcs inflation of around 3 points for nothing tangible but age. Kostornaya and Gubanova easily top 2 and Zagitova around #5 for me.