2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Free Skate

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love seeing Serafima skate nowadays. She's been steadily improving each year.

It was so sad seeing her struggle to even do a 2a a few years back. Give Plushy some credit for convincing her to keep competing and that she wasn’t done. She’s just the sweetest thing too so it feels really good when she gets rewarded.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Viveca Lindfors FIN: 3Lz+3T, 3Lo, 2F, 3Lz+2T, 2A, 3S (touch down), 2A+2T+2Lo, good overall
FP 121.86 Total 185.42 3rd :clap:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dang Ting came so close to winning in her first Senior event ever. This should give her confidence that she can compete against the big girls.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's going to rain blood at RusNats next year. RusNats is always a bloodbath, but holy guacamole, Sasha Trusova and her quads (and Alyona's angelic skating and Anna S also with her quads) are coming up to seniors AND the pre-existing seniors are (mostly) not regressing. It would've been :popcorn: if I didn't have too many favorites...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I wonder if they will insert Sima instead of Polina at nationals this year... Polina has the coach advantage but now Sima has scored 50 points better than Polina

frida80

Record Breaker
Viveca made a comeback after her last competition. Ting nearly puts it all together ans gets her first international medal and a SB. And Sima wins the day with not only her performance but her genuinely sweet reaction. Great ladies event.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Wow, it's gonna be a four way fight for podium at US Nationals between Tennell, Bell, Liu and Cui. Tennell, Bell and Cui will be battling for those two worlds spots. Obviously, the edge for one of those spots goes to Tennell.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's going to rain blood at RusNats next year. RusNats is always a bloodbath, but holy guacamole, Sasha Trusova and her quads (and Alyona's angelic skating and Anna S also with her quads) are coming up to seniors AND the pre-existing seniors are (mostly) not regressing. It would've been :popcorn: if I didn't have too many favorites...

Actually many of the Senior Russian ladies are regressing. Med, Sotskova, Polina to name just a few. Japan right now has the most depth in Senior when talking about their top 6 skaters compared to Russia.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually many of the Senior Russian ladies are regressing. Med, Sotskova, Polina to name just a few. Japan right now has the most depth in Senior when talking about their top 6 skaters compared to Russia.

There are also a few doing pretty well like Liza, Sofya, Stasya, and I heard a couple good of promising juniors are gonna be there. Should still be a pretty good event :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sima inspires hope that struggle doesn’t equal the end!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

I am no expert in Russian ladies, but on Zhenya I don't necessarily think she's regressing (she has made a huge change in her training, it's going to take time, and I may be biased but some improvements are already showing), and as Sam pointed out there's Liza T with her 3As, Sofia Samodurova who's going to finals, and although inconsistent Stanislava Konstantinova can rack up the scores if she's on. Also there's Anastasia Gulyakova who won her fist senior even not long ago (can't remember which), and now Serafima Sakhanovich has gotten herself on the SB list with 200+. And of course there's Alina Zagitova. There are regressing ladies like Maria Sotskova and Polina T :)sad4: hope she comes back), but Russia is Russia.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Love the podium here: Sima made a big step up, she is attacking more the elements, the 3f-3t looks really nice now, and i think she can do even better.

Ting received huge marks considering this is her senior debut, and Viveca was the best skater from Finland i've seen in years.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wow I'm really thinking Ting could push Mariah for that second spot now...
I hope she does bump Mariah!!! 3 times to the worlds and Mariah hasn't made into the top ten...Ting is the future and Bradie is the stability let's hope US skating is thinking strategically. Mariah is lovely but will never peak...Ting, Bradie and Allysa Lui (if her jumps make it past puberty) should be getting the full support of US Federation going into next Olympic quadrennial

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
This might be the best thing to happen to US Ladies having the youngsters pushing them. That's why the Japanese and Russian girls are so good.
Absolutely...the US needs to get their age eligible 15 and 16 yr old skaters on the Senior Grand Prix circuit and to worlds to build their reputation and confidence

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolutely...the US needs to get their age eligible 15 and 16 yr old skaters on the Senior Grand Prix circuit and to worlds to build their reputation and confidence

Exactly. The last time a younger skater made waves at Nationals and pushed the veterans was 5 years ago when Gracie very nearly took home the title in her first try. Out of that came someone who along with Ashley was good enough to go to Worlds and finish high enough to get that 3rd spot back just in time for the Olympics. Now there is more depth in Ladies then there was in 2013 and Ting isn't probably going to finish in the top 6 like Gracie did but getting her the experience would be a start to getting that 3rd spot back and just like Gracie the judges seem to love her.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Mm... there's Alina, Liza, Evgenia (has still scored well), Anastasia Gulyakova, Anna Tarusina, Sofia Samodurova, Serafima Sakhanovich, and Stanislava Konstantinova for strong seniors. Nothing to sneeze at either.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I agree but disagree there is no depth in US ladies their scores on the Grand prix have been abysmal...Ting just registered the 2nd highest international score of us ladies. As I said no including Liu cuz her scores are from lower level national competition and I doubt her pcs will be as strong at the national senior level...this score for Ting gives her momentum going into Nationals...its going to be Bradie, Ting and a fight for third