2018 US Championships Jr. Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Jr. Ladies SP

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I just read an article about Alysa. Her family background is certainly very San Francisco ... honestly I'm not sure I understand it myself, but science sometimes moves faster than I can keep up with

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12...hmond-girl-be-figure-skatings-next-big-thing/

If I'm understanding correctly, he is gay and has a male partner, and the two of them used an egg donor and a surrogate, through intra-uterine insemination and/or in vitro fertilization. Kind of like being a sperm donor but the other way around.
Back on topic, Alysa seems to have a very supportive family dynamic :)

klutzy

On the Ice
If I'm understanding correctly, he wasn't in a relationship at the time he wanted to become a parent and used an egg donor and a surrogate, through intra-uterine insemination and/or in vitro fertilization. Kind of like being a sperm donor but the other way around.
Back on topic, Alysa seems to have a very supportive family dynamic :)

Sounded like the dad is gay--there's a reference to a "partner" and a group of friends who help him with his five children. Very Bay Area--not very San Francisco, because no one can afford San Francisco these days. :)

concorde

Medalist
Sounded like the dad is gay--there's a reference to a "partner" and a group of friends who help him with his five children. Very Bay Area--not very San Francisco, because no one can afford San Francisco these days. :)

That was how I interpreted the family dynamics as well.

peese

Medalist
Anyone know the cost of IN?I'm in Canada and alot is blacked out. Is it worth it to watch US Nats short programs....hmmm.

notonmylife15

On the Ice
I doubt anyone from the Bay Area would be offended to be told they were San Franciscan

*sigh* My point is the whole thread of this is perpetuating stereotypes. Alysa is a refreshing skater with a huge upside and excellent skills. I couldn't care less about whatever her family situation is so long as it's supportive and non-abusive.

brightphoton

Medalist
*sigh* My point is the whole thread of this is perpetuating stereotypes. Alysa is a refreshing skater with a huge upside and excellent skills. I couldn't care less about whatever her family situation is so long as it's supportive and non-abusive.

Alissa is from San Francisco area and I said wow her family is so San Francisco. Who knows what you're thinking, because I sure don't. Why don't you explicitly explain what you're implying?

andromache

Record Breaker

I don't think anyone here actually "cares" about her family situation in terms of judging it negatively or positively. But sure, people are politely interested in the personal lives of skaters. If that interest is abnormal, the article wouldn't mention anything about her family situation.