2018 US Int'l Classic Ladies Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 US Int'l Classic Ladies Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Be clean and awesome, Yelim and Eunsoo! :pray: Squirtle darling, show the world how beautiful you are, and let me see how your FS is when clean. Yelim, just did as you did last week, make them go :shocked:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I hope Satoko get's fewer URs tonight. Gabby looks great.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Be clean and awesome, Yelim and Eunsoo! :pray: Squirtle darling, show the world how beautiful you are, and let me see how your FS is when clean. Yelim, just did as you did last week, make them go :shocked:

I hope so too! They are both so lovely!

furyflame

Rinkside
You can tell by the looks on the skaters faces that the altitude is getting frustrating. It looks like they’re all recalibrating.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh Yelim, aside from that pop, you were graceful, elegant, and beautiful as always :luv17:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
One pop for Ye-lim, but all the other jumps lovely.

Incidentally, I wonder if she'd have scheduled a Challenger right in the middle of the JGP if she'd known she'd be legitimately in the hunt for the JGP Final? I hope this isn't a distraction from preparing for her next event.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Other than the pop, that was a solid skate by Yelim. I like the spring that she has in her jumps, and she seems pretty well-rounded. However, she needs to work on her performance skills. I had visions of Mirai with this performance - completely blank face followed by randomly smiling for no apparent reason. Yelim also needs to work on the use of her arms. They seem a bit 'noodley'. Her dress is lovely, and reminds me of Adam's 'birds' top.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
One pop for Ye-lim, but all the other jumps lovely.

Incidentally, I wonder if she'd have scheduled a Challenger right in the middle of the JGP if she'd known she'd be legitimately in the hunt for the JGP Final? I hope this isn't a distraction from preparing for her next event.

The KSU were probably thinking that Young would be in the contention, not Yelim. I really hope that she doesn't tire herself out.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yelim Kim (KOR)

A bit rough on the landing of 3Lz+3T, but 3Lz was gorgeous and had two arms aloft, 3T likely <. Great 2A+3T. Strong 3Lo with both arms aloft. Back entrance into spin with good centered spin. Ouch, a popped 1S. Good curves in the footwork sequence, could have more speed in the back half but gentle. Good 3Lz+2T+2Lo, followed by a 3F (maybe <). Flying spin has alright positions. Good counter into a 2A, and an illusion entry into a very good platter spin.

Well, apart from that pop, a very good technical performance. She might get dinged a little but she's gentle and pure like the music. She can work on her power and expression to fill the rink.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
You can tell by the looks on the skaters faces that the altitude is getting frustrating. It looks like they’re all recalibrating.

I never realized how much altitude affects you until I ran a race at altitude. I was struggling to run a pace that normally is relatively easy- same distance, same conditions otherwise. It takes a lot more energy.

But good for Yelim, I love her skating. Getting through with just one pop is pretty good. But I thought that score was low.

frida80

Record Breaker
Not bad for someone that just flew in from Eupore from another competition! Great job, Yelim!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
This girls dress is giving me life. Shoulder pads for the win.