2018 US nats Experiences & Practice Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 US nats Experiences & Practice Reports

georgia

On the Ice
Eating lunch at the Fairmont until my room is ready. I will then walk to SAP for my first-ladies practice...

temadd

Final Flight
Just got off the shuttle bus to the arena. Accidentally got on the one for officials. Frank Carroll was on the bus being interviewed and said this is likely his last Nationals. He is here just for Tessa and one other.

Sitting at sap watching Junior ladies practice

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Dang, last Nationals for Frank.
Very bleak-sounding for Tessa then...
Who is his other skater?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's a male skater

I believe as this is US Nats that Frank may be referring to Scott Dyer. Frank put Scott on the ice at the Liberty comp in Philadelphia. They sat right (and I mean *right*) behind me, and I heard Frank discussing practice schedules with Scott. Of course, this was in August. He was also coaching Dice Murakami at the time.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I believe as this is US Nats that Frank may be referring to Scott Dyer. Frank put Scott on the ice at the Liberty comp in Philadelphia. They sat right (and I mean *right*) behind me, and I heard Frank discussing practice schedules with Scott. Of course, this was in August. He was also coaching Dice Murakami at the time.

You are probably correct - I forgot he is also coaching Scott.

temadd

Final Flight
1st sr ladies practice group

Run thrus:

Mariah Bell - inconsistent on the jumps during the run thru but looking better after. Just landed a beautiful 3lz-3t

Courtney Hicks still can't cleanly land her 3f-3lo and was grabbing her boot/ankle

Tessa Hong is expressionless. Maybe that's just her but she doesn't look very invsted.

Angela Wang - I love her style. Beginning of the run thru looked strong.

Sorry I'm a slow typist and can't watch and type so easily. Jackie Wong makes it look so easy!!

temadd

Final Flight
2nd group

Bradie came out swinging! 3-3 right off the bat. Her run thru (sp) : 3lz-3t so solid! 3lo, 2A

georgia

On the Ice
Bradie just killed it in the short.
The rest of the ladies so far....hm. But it’s their first practice!
Jessica Siera had an awesome footwork

temadd

Final Flight
Caroline Zhang looking strong. Landed a clean 3lo-3lo in run thru.

Karen looked like she's looked all season-URs fall

Tavi...

Record Breaker
For those who have access to FSU’s Kiss n Cry area, Jarrett is posting brief clips and updates from Ladies practice. Jackie Wong is also there and is tweeting updates.

skatefan17

On the Ice
John Wilson just live streamed the LP practice for Ashley...looked good and the music cuts we're nice!

georgia

On the Ice
Mirai looks really good and I keep her practice dress too. She is here to win it!
LaLa land is looking good