2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

Danibellerika

Medalist
So it just so happens that my work decided to send me me to Seoul next month - nothing at all to do with the olympics, but I think I'll be able to take a few vacation days and go to the Olympics after the work trip! It's a little daunting to plan a last minute Olympics trip, but I think I have managed to make train tickets and hotel in Gangneung.

Anyhow, my question is, if I were looking for figure skating tickets, are there any secondary markets that have a decent amount/prices? Are the secondary markets (stubhub type places) safe for olympic tickets? The "C" seats are near the top of my price bracket, and are sold out for my dates (short and free dance). I've been watching the fan-to-fan like a hawk, but no luck yet. I may just be priced out of figure skating but I'm not giving up yet

So very excited for my first Olympics experience!

There are two Level C tickets on fan to fan right now for both short dance and free dance. I'll add them to my cart for you to hold them for the next 50 mins. if you reply soon enough I'll remove it (it goes right back into the listing) so you get get them. You can buy senior and youth tickets, they just make you pay the difference when you get there. I also hear you can show up and there are people outside the venue trying to sell tickets at a discount. Good luck!

light10

Rinkside
There are two Level C tickets on fan to fan right now for both short dance and free dance. I'll add them to my cart for you to hold them for the next 50 mins. if you reply soon enough I'll remove it (it goes right back into the listing) so you get get them. You can buy senior and youth tickets, they just make you pay the difference when you get there. I also hear you can show up and there are people outside the venue trying to sell tickets at a discount. Good luck!

That's so nice of you!! I think (time zones aren't my strong suits) the 50 minutes has already passed since your post, but if not I'll watch carefully to see if they are released!

I also didn't know you could pay the senior/youth difference on site, I would've found some sooner if I'd known! That's good to know! I am hopeful about finding some day-of, since I'll be there anyway. I'll definitely keep my eye out if I don't find anything on fan to fan before then!

Thanks again!

Danibellerika

Medalist
That's so nice of you!! I think (time zones aren't my strong suits) the 50 minutes has already passed since your post, but if not I'll watch carefully to see if they are released!

I also didn't know you could pay the senior/youth difference on site, I would've found some sooner if I'd known! That's good to know! I am hopeful about finding some day-of, since I'll be there anyway. I'll definitely keep my eye out if I don't find anything on fan to fan before then!

Thanks again!

Happy to help! I refreshed it since I'm still up. I'll release them now. Let me know if you get them! :)

light10

Rinkside
Happy to help! I refreshed it since I'm still up. I'll release them now. Let me know if you get them! :)

It worked! I just bought tickets!

That was a bit of a rush haha. Here I was trying to convince myself it would be fun to go to the other Olympic events, didn't really need to go to skating...but we all know which event is the best :). Thanks for your help!

Lake

Spectator
* It is reported that the "Go Pyeongchang" app will be published next week. This app is supposed to have an interface to "Kakao T", the popular taxi calling service in South Korea.

Just saw they released the official "Go PyeongChang - 2018 Winter Games Transport app" in app stores today. No idea if it's any good though...

Edit: Hm, didn't see any Kakao Taxi on it... I did see some service called "Easi6", though. It seems like a ride-sharing thing? I tested a route from my Donghae hotel to the venues and the projected Easi6 fee was a scary 180,000 won.

------

Also, I just saw a news article saying starting Jan 26, incoming passengers at Incheon will be delayed 1-2 hours more than usual due to the new incoming security checks / 360 degree body scanners. Thank god I saw that, or else I would have missed the KTX reservation time I originally booked since I didn't account for the extra hours.

seabm7

Final Flight
:palmf: No response from Pyeongchang for me. I guess I'll just be keeping this extra SP ticket then. Thanks for all the answers.

Also, I chose to pick up my Korail Pass at 'Airport Railroad Travel Centre' and found this

https://www.arex.or.kr/content.do?u...entNo=&clientLocale=en_US&clientDevice=Normal

page. But I'm still not sure about where it's located. Does anyone know if it's in Terminal 1 or 2?

It's Terminal 1. I just gave a call at 032-743-0211. By the way, the person who took the call says that you are supposed to print the Korail pass by yourself. What they give out here at the travel center is a just a commemorative card.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Also, I just saw a news article saying starting Jan 26, incoming passengers at Incheon will be delayed 1-2 hours more than usual due to the new incoming security checks / 360 degree body scanners. Thank god I saw that, or else I would have missed the KTX reservation time I originally booked since I didn't account for the extra hours.

I saw this news in my local newspaper as well. I think that’s official.

twizzlesandturns

Rinkside
It's Terminal 1. I just gave a call at 032-743-0211. By the way, the person who took the call says that you are supposed to print the Korail pass by yourself. What they give out here at the travel center is a just a commemorative card.

:eeking: Wow thank you so much for the answer! You probably just saved me from missing the Games because I couldn't get on the train there :palmf:

Danibellerika

Medalist
They now have tickets for all disciplines again on cosport. I am suspecting this is leftover inventory from the unsold jet set sports packages because they have removed those from that site. Everything has Level A except mens free (which had it for about an hour yesterday before they went like the wind). Like, they had a good 60 Level B tickets for the $1300 bronze package (only 4 of which sold) and now they have a bunch of B's available on cosport that seem to be hanging around. Also, if you have tickets you bought that you can only pick up in Korea you can view what seats you have in "My Account" when you click the "tickets" link by your order.

seabm7

Final Flight
Inter-city Bus Donghae - Gangneung

Just saw they released the official "Go PyeongChang - 2018 Winter Games Transport app" in app stores today. No idea if it's any good though...

Edit: Hm, didn't see any Kakao Taxi on it... I did see some service called "Easi6", though. It seems like a ride-sharing thing? I tested a route from my Donghae hotel to the venues and the projected Easi6 fee was a scary 180,000 won.

I cannot find the app from my Play Store. Maybe they haven't launched it in South Korea yet.

* Is your hotel near to Donghae Intercity Bus Terminal (동해공영버스터미널)? They have buses to Gangneung Bus Terminal. Operation hour: 06:26 ~ 22:26, frequency: 15-20 min, duration: 40 min, price: 3,500 won (~ 3 USD)

http://www.donghaeterminal.co.kr/index.php?mp=p3_1

* It looks like Donghae Express Bus Terminal (동해고속터미널) does not have a line to Gangneung.

Note) The literal translation of 동해공영버스터미널 is Dongnhae Public Bus Terminal

seabm7

Final Flight
"Go Pyeongchang" Compatibility Problem

They say older smart phones could not download the transport app, due to a compatiblity problem. It looks like mine is one of them. Oh, well...

Note) Mine is LG G3.

Crylais

Rinkside
Hey I am looking to purchase tickets. I am from Australia and was wondering could I purchase tickets directly from the online tickets page or do I have to use my ATR? Alternatively do you reckon I can just rock up to South Korea and buy it directly in person? I been leaving buying tickets to the team events until now thinking I could just buy it online but read somewhere it's only for korean residents? Any help would be appreciated. I fly in on 1 February. It be a shame if I can't get any tickets :'(

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Hey I am looking to purchase tickets. I am from Australia and was wondering could I purchase tickets directly from the online tickets page or do I have to use my ATR? Alternatively do you reckon I can just rock up to South Korea and buy it directly in person? I been leaving buying tickets to the team events until now thinking I could just buy it online but read somewhere it's only for korean residents? Any help would be appreciated. I fly in on 1 February. It be a shame if I can't get any tickets :'(

We have some discussion here before, if you are from Australia, I do think you need to buy ticket via CoSport Australia, because the Olympic ticket website have blocked US, Australia, and some countries (which have ATR) from purchasing tickets directly from the Olympic ticket website. CoSport do charge 20% of transaction fee, so the tickets will be more expensive.

If you could just show up in Korea and purchase the ticket... I guess it depends what event you want to go. For the figure skating teams event, if you are looking for Type A & B tickets, I do think they are still available (they have never sold out before), and could be still available in a week times when you arrive Korea. But that’s only my guess.

kiches

Final Flight
The korean website removed the geo block on the US so I believe you can buy on their website. Cosport you can still buy from as well but will need to pick up the tickets in Gangneung.

You should also be able to buy tickets at the ticket offices - I believe there are several locations both where the games are held and in Seoul.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
The korean website removed the geo block on the US so I believe you can buy on their website. Cosport you can still buy from as well but will need to pick up the tickets in Gangneung.

You should also be able to buy tickets at the ticket offices - I believe there are several locations both where the games are held and in Seoul.

Oh, did they removed the Geo block? Sorry Crylais, for giving the wrong information to you in my last post.

kiches

Final Flight
Yes I’ve been able to buy tickets from there since around January 5 and I am from the US. I believe others have from Australia as well.

kiches

Final Flight
BTW, for anyone looking still looking the men's training session on 2/15 had tickets last night. If you are looking for one feel free to PM me.