2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry I dislike Hallelujah and can't stand Leonard Cohen......:slink:

The only version I can really listen to is this SP with Deanna and Nate.

She just glows!:luv17: So happy for her and my homie Nate.

TMC

Record Breaker
Ruben could be played by Will Arnett in the biopic - and he's already got skating experience!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I missed the skate, but they seemed happy after. And happy with each other.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The #MeToo movement should be told about Big Spender. Then maybe we get rid of this horrible relic once and for all.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Is the commentary in the German stream ahead of the video feed? At least for anyone else?

Same for me. It's quite annoying, but at least it's a working stream, so...I wish he'd turn off the mic. :D
(Of course he won't since he's a) a babblemouth and b) has Nicole Schott with him to talk)

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Not sure if it was a good decision for Dušková/Bidař to skate. Her knee was injured very recently, it's already quite a miracle that she was able to skate at Olys, and now they push it again for Worlds, even though there is nothing to fight for. I don't know in what exact condition her knee is, but she hasn't been skating for long, I think she could have rested more.

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
The proper scoring box is back! I missed it so much during the Olympics.

Kashitsyna / Magyar - Rough, but I love Woodkid so bonus for that.

Conners/ Krasnopolski - Steady improvement, which is all that can be expected at this stage. They need speed, but there's potential.

Awesome Deanna Stellato/Bartholomay - Skating comeback queen number 1 and her partner. You know, I think Deanna and Nate are my favourite American pair to watch. They have a real grace about them and, no, they aren't technical skills superstars but they keep getting better. I know they're a relatively new pairing, but they aren't one of the younger teams - Are these two sticking around for a bit? I hope so.

Hocke/Blommaert - I like her dress. I hate their music. As with C/K, this is another pair with potential and a more experienced male. Not sure how far they'll go together but they did fine today.

And that's flight 1 wrapped up. Not too bad for early skaters! The quality internationally is growing and, as a pairs fan, I thrilled to see it.

That means there's ....6 flights to go. I love my pairs but, wow, that's a LOT of skating.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not sure if it was a good decision for Dušková/Bidař to skate. Her knee was injured very recently, it's already quite a miracle that she was able to skate at Olys, and now they push it again for Worlds, even though there is nothing to fight for. I don't know in what exact condition her knee is, but she hasn¨t been skated for long, I think she could have rested more.

Their SB is currently 22nd. They'll want to make sure they get at least one GP assignment. Besides if she's healthy, why would they skip Worlds? They're a young team. it's important for their development.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Man, if we're going to get scores around the 60s in the next four groups, the cut to the FS is going to be a tough!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Their SB is currently 22nd. They'll want to make sure they get at least one GP assignment. Besides if she's healthy, why would they skip Worlds? They're a young team. it's important for their development.

I didn't think about GP, that's a good point, but I'm not sure how healthy she is. She is still wearing the bandage on her knee.

Anyway, good luck to them!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I didn't think about GP, that's a good point, but I'm not sure how healthy she is. She is still wearing the bandage on her knee.

Anyway, good luck to them!

Hard to say. People I know who've had knee injuries (not the same ones) have worn bandages or braces for a long time after the injury for support. But I don't know what it means for her.