2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At this point, I hope there are not any vacant spots. 12 is not a lot of skaters. I hope Young You gets Cup of China. And there are quite a few men from Europe that could get the vacant spot in France. Even some French skaters.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's getting too late for IDF. In the past, the French Fed has let spots go vacant even with two weeks notice, especially host spots.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At this point, I hope there are not any vacant spots. 12 is not a lot of skaters. I hope Young You gets Cup of China. And there are quite a few men from Europe that could get the vacant spot in France. Even some French skaters.

They haven't brought in Luc Economides or Philip Warren in the past even when they've been skating better than they are right now; they're not going to do it this year.

Nirti

Medalist
Wonderful news for Young You! The battle for the podium will be very interesting between her and Miyahara, Shcherbakova or Tuktamysheva.

They haven't brought in Luc Economides or Philip Warren in the past even when they've been skating better than they are right now; they're not going to do it this year.

Indeed, and it seems that Tesson didn't get the spot because he didn't meet the FFSG-requirement of scoring more than 194 points. This is the official requirement to be invited in GP, BUT doesn't apply to national skaters invited to skate at home. But the FFSG loves to add other requirements to prevent their own skaters to have the opportunity to skate...

Andrea82

Medalist
Wonderful news for Young You! The battle for the podium will be very interesting between her and Miyahara, Shcherbakova or Tuktamysheva.

Indeed, and it seems that Tesson didn't get the spot because he didn't meet the FFSG-requirement of scoring more than 194 points. This is the official requirement to be invited in GP, BUT doesn't apply to national skaters invited to skate at home. But the FFSG loves to add other requirements to prevent their own skaters to have the opportunity to skate...

Especially as Tesson wasn't entered in any competition this weekend, hence, they already knew he would have not achived the 194 scores after Ice Star (20th October) but they waited before pulling him out of the lineup until the very end. So now there is few time to substitute him even with an international skater.
Just like last year when they withdrew Besseghier one week before IdF even if he had not competed since Olympics.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Call it hubris, but with Young's inclusion in COC, I think we may have found our 6th GPF skater! *happy dancing*

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Call it hubris, but with Young's inclusion in COC, I think we may have found our 6th GPF skater! *happy dancing*

Shh, you might jinx her, you can dance all you want (while I go freak out, cry my eyeballs out, then get all the booze out) when the ticket is decided ;)

Somi

Rinkside
does this mean there is potential for Yelim Kim to be able to get a 2nd GP?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... No don't hope you're only disappointed if you have hope...

Nirti

Medalist
So if it's not too late to replace Lindfors, here are the alternates for Cup of China :

01 (24) 196.34 Yelim KIM (KOR) – GP CAN
02 (39) 180.55 Marina PIREDDA (ITA)
03 (42) 179.88 Ekaterina RIABOVA (AZE) – GP RUS
04 (45) 178.07 Courtney HICKS (USA)
05 (50) 175.19 Shiika YOSHIOKA (JPN)
06 (56) 172.02 Emmi PELTONEN (FIN) - GP RUS
07 (58) 170.56 Nicole SCHOTT (GER) - GP FRA
08 (60) 170.33 Megan WESSENBERG (USA) - GP JPN
09 (61) 169.03 Nicole RAJICOVA (SVK)
10 (63) 166.77 Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE)
----------------------------
11 (64) 166.25 Amber GLENN (USA) – GP USA
12 (71) 164.68 Yasmine YAMADA (SUI)
13 (72) 162.80 Yujin CHOI (KOR)
14 (73) 162.48 Hanul KIM (KOR)
15 (74) 161.58 Pernille SORENSEN (DEN)
16 (75) 161.16 Dasa GRM (SLO)

By the way, as Harriet asked some posts ago about Hanul Kim, I've to correct what I answered : she's #73 on the SB list, but still too far from the current top10 alts.

composer

On the Ice
Well that happens when you witness the lady/ladies on the top of the alternate list being skipped over multiple times

The Chinese fed already did the right thing once, maybe they will do it again! (Or the Korean Fed politicked begins the scenes once ... etc 😁)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The Chinese fed already did the right thing once, maybe they will do it again! (Or the Korean Fed politicked begins the scenes once ... etc 😁)

My thoughts exactly:) China has nothing to lose in ladies :) Cheer up, Ichatdelune!