2024 Worlds Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 Worlds Entries

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
Vanesa Selmekova received the nomination in women. Interestingly she is the only one who got a limit to fulfill in Montreal, 30 pcs TES and 53 pcs total in SP, otherwise she will have to pay for the air ticket. Apparently the committee was not unanimous in her nomination, which I find interesting as she won the skate off and also fulfilled all the criteria, the only reasonable explanation for this limit could be her underperformance at Europeans.
i think its because she often under-rotates and while other-intl scoring like at dragon trophy is leniant judgets at more official ISU comps like euros/worlds and even JGP are harsher. Also Doboszova has 3+3 while Selmekova doesn't. but anyways good luck to her and hope Selmekova does really well

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Aha! I didn't realise the Provisional Entry Lists were up.

Thank you @saine !!! :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

Just gone through the lists to see how many of my kids are there.

Wow! šŸ˜² Camille and Pavel are my only kids here. :jaw:

I knew I wouldn't have anybody in Men, because Dillon Judge (IRL) doesn't have any of the Minimums.

I suspected I wouldn't have any in Ice Dance. I knew the Spanish Fed had bowed to the critcism over sending SofĆ­a Val / Asaf Kazimov to Worlds and replaced them. And I knew fine well the American Fed wouldn't select Emilea Zingas / Vadym Kolesnik. And there was no way the Cypriot Fed were going to throw Angelina Kudryavtseva / Ilia Karankevich in at the deep end by making them have their Senior debut at Worlds having missed all of this season due to Angelina's injury.

I did have a feeling that I wouldn't have any in Ladies. I knew Aleksandra Golovkina (LTU) didn't have either of the Minimums, and Liza Gervits (ISR) didn't have the SP Minimum. And, of course, Marilena Kitromilis (CYP) is injured. But, there was always a chance that some of my Junior daughters might get called up.

But I didn't realise that Barbora KucianovĆ” / Martin Bidař (CZE) didn't have the SP Minimum. I was sure I was going to have both of my Pairs partnerships going.

Oh well. At least it'll give me a bit more time to play catch up, as I will have less Fan Fest work to do.

CaroLiza_fan

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
According to Mark Gorodnitsky, the choice for who will be going to Worlds for Israel will be decided closer to the event (source).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, they announced earlier today that they have to withdraw due to injury.

Drat! Do you have a source? I just checked the Entry List again (I know it's barely an hour since I first looked at it, but it may have been updated since then), and they are still listed there.

Not that it wouldn't be like the ISU to be slow to react to things... :p

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:palmf: :slink:

Sorry @ramurphy2005 . I always scroll past embedded Twitter posts on here, because they don't display. And I can't be bothered clicking into them because, ever since Musk took over, most of the time all you get is a page asking you to log in.

I am not on Twitter, and I have no intention of ever joining.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Sorry. I always scroll past embedded Twitter posts on here, because they don't display. And I can't be bothered clicking into them because, ever since Musk took over, most of the time all you get is a page asking you to log in.

I am not on Twitter, and I have no intention of ever joining.

CaroLiza_fan
Gotcha :)

That Twitter link took you to a press release from the French fed: https://www.ffsg.org/Camille-Kovalev-et-Pavel-Kovalev-forfaits-suite-a-une-blessure

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gotcha :)

That Twitter link took you to a press release from the French fed: https://www.ffsg.org/Camille-Kovalev-et-Pavel-Kovalev-forfaits-suite-a-une-blessure

Merci beaucoup.

That's a real shame. Whatever is the issue, I hope it is not serious and will not take too long to recover from.

And it is a unfortunate that Piegad / Strekalin are also not available, because France now have nobody to fill their slot. I just checked, and none of the other Pairs that competed at Nationals (be it Junior or Senior) have the Minimums. So, it was just between those two partnerships.

This is going to make things difficult for France in Pairs next season. But it can't be helped.

Wishing all the French Pairs skaters all the best for next season.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Merci beaucoup.

That's a real shame. Whatever is the issue, I hope it is not serious and will not take too long to recover from.

And it is a unfortunate that Piegad / Strekalin are also not available, because France now have nobody to fill their slot. I just checked, and none of the other Pairs that competed at Nationals (be it Junior or Senior) have the Minimums. So, it was just between those two partnerships.

This is going to make things difficult for France in Pairs next season. But it can't be helped.

Wishing all the French Pairs skaters all the best for next season.

CaroLiza_fan
To be honest, the Frenchies weren't likely to get two spots for next season, but definitely still sad to see neither of the two French teams with minimums at Worlds. :(

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
To be honest, the Frenchies weren't likely to get two spots for next season, but definitely still sad to see neither of the two French teams with minimums at Worlds. :(

Unfortunately, I agree with you about the Worlds slots. But, I was thinking more about the points for the World Standings that they won't get, and the effect on Senior GP slots.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I agree with you about the Worlds slots. But, I was thinking more about the points for the World Standings that they won't get, and the effect on Senior GP slots.

CaroLiza_fan
At least France hosts a GP, so they'll get a host spot. The Kovalevs should be fine for two as well, they're currently in the top 13 on the WS list and 17th on the SB list, which should mostly hold up enough to get another GP assignment, if that's of any consolation to you :console:

Sabine

On the Ice

CaroLiza_fan
I don't think either of the French teams would have earned world standing points. So it probably doesn't really matter. But sad for both teams that neither of them can't go to Worlds.