2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I am really worried for Marin. She said yesterday that she is sensitive to light and sound currently and in todays practice she had a fall which scared her a lot, she had to calm herself down at the boards and breathed really hard. I feel like she has a concussion. Hope she sees a doctor :( I am really worried.

She fell after a spin. Looked dizzy.
https://twitter.com/yuterok/status/1188107026397880321?s=20

believed

On the Ice
Congrats to Rika!! Onward and upward!

- - - Updated - - -

I am really worried for Marin. She said yesterday that she is sensitive to light and sound currently and in todays practice she had a fall which scared her a lot, she had to calm herself down at the boards and breathed really hard. I feel like she has a concussion. Hope she sees a doctor :( I am really worried.

She fell after a spin. Looked dizzy.
https://twitter.com/yuterok/status/1188107026397880321?s=20

Oh no. I really hope she’s okay.

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Rika for silver medal :clap:

Marin did great, 6th place is good result under the circumstances. She also had concussion while training in Japan about 2 weeks ago (https://www.nikkansports.com/sports...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp). I hope she is going to see the doctor again soon. Personally I feel it would be better for her to move her training base to Japan entirely, but her brother and sister are in US and the thing may be more complicated than I imagine.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Good job by Marin "Live Long And Prosper" Honda, especially considering how banged up she is.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Congrats to Marin and Rika. Considering the circumstances Marin's placement is pretty darn good, and while I'm a little wistful Rika didn't score 150+ (darn that evil stepout!) we all cheered mightily nonetheless. By the way I threw on the ice a little stuffed white and blue tiger and a bouquet of baby's breath flowers for Rika. Maybe I'll see them on her Instagram 🤗

Now onward to the next competition!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Was Mai Mihara at the special training session back in July?

They showed a bit of this during the piece on Marin on the Japanese TV broadcast. If she was who I think she was (woman next to Marin in Nike jacket), then she looked really frail...

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Well done Rika. I was freaking out about her being lutzless but baby pulled through.

Proud of her and we'll keep marvelling at how gorgeous her movements are on ice. Facial expression was also very good for the free as well. I really dislike the free program music and usually I refuse to watch any programs with music I loathe but for Rika and her skating I'll watch anything!!!

I hope that ankle heals soon so she can do what she's capable of.

skateyamada

On the Ice
Are there any Japanese ladies or juniors currently training for a quad and are close to successful? I feel like Japan will need at least 1-2 upcoming juniors with quads in order to be competitive in the next few years.

sweetener

Rinkside
Well done Rika! Her SP is really growing on me :) also well done to Marin considering the circumstances she's had to go through recently.

Next up, IDF! Will be rooting for Kaori and Wakaba.

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Yuka Nagai won Eastern Section Senior and qualified to National with other 5 skaters.
(Wakaba Higuchi and Marin Honda was exempt for GPS)

Mone Chiba won Eastern Section Junior and qualified to National Junior with other 9 skaters.
(Tomoe Kawabata was Seed that is ensured spot for podium result from last year.)

Mone and Yuzuru in 2011

Congratulations!

Result

skatenewbie

Medalist
i really miss Mai, hope she can recover quickly and comeback next season strong!

Also Kaori had some bad luck.... the medal race still open but probably only for bronze. If she can skate squeaky clean she could have 143-145 and medal for sure

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I miss Mai so much!

Kaori and Wakaba have some great programs this season, holding out hope one of them can somehow get on the podium after the Free. :pray:

Joekaz

On the Ice
I think Wakaba and Kaori were adversely affected by working on the 3A in the offseason. They both were injured and it took away from other training. Unfortunately, neither are built right for fast rotation in the air.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Kaori's jumps were really off today, even her famously awesome Triple Loop she had trouble with. I hope she's not injured and was just having one of those days where it doesnt go right.

Wishing Kaori, Wakaba and Yuna a good free skate