2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Was there something in the bottled water at worlds that led to this onslaught of vaguely Middle Eastern inspired music choices?

And once again, Laurine was ahead of the curve. :)

I'll be interested to see if these higher-profile, more-rewarded skaters get lambasted for cultural appropriation by the Twitter and Tumblr crowd for these programs the way she did, or if - as I suspect - fandom darlings are able to get away with a lot more on that front.

5Axel

Rinkside
It is Liza Zhuk not Hanna who is now skating with Martin.
CzechFed haven't made an announcement yet so that's why I didn't know about it.
But you seem well informed so could you tell me something about them? When did they start skating together? And who is Liza?

pearly

Record Breaker
Was there something in the bottled water at worlds that led to this onslaught of vaguely Middle Eastern inspired music choices? What relation does TE Lawrence have with Cleopatra? I mean, the movie has a great soundtrack, so why not, but still wth?

I actually don't think it's a bad idea at all to combine different pieces of music you like into one program (maybe there's even a story). Cleopatra must be the name and theme of the program and they went with music that sounded right for what they wanted. I don't mind that at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be interested to see if these higher-profile, more-rewarded skaters get lambasted for cultural appropriation by the Twitter and Tumblr crowd for these programs the way she did, or if - as I suspect - fandom darlings are able to get away with a lot more on that front.

Satoko already got a lot of that after she announced her music.

ruga

Final Flight
Kostornaia has changed her FP music to Eyes on Fire; Supermassive Black Hole (it was supposed to be her SP). Current SP is not yet known.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Kostornaia has changed her FP music to Eyes on Fire; Supermassive Black Hole (it was supposed to be her SP). Current SP is not yet known.

:( I was looking forward to seeing Alyona interpret the Third Person soundtrack, and now it's Twilight as her FS...

ruga

Final Flight
:( I was looking forward to seeing Alyona interpret the Third Person soundtrack, and now it's Twilight as her FS...

I think I'd like this idea more if it was not connected to any vampires and was just a program based on two modern music pieces. For me Aliona is simply too lively to portray Bella.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I think I'd like this idea more if it was not connected to any vampires and was just a program based on two modern music pieces. For me Aliona is simply too lively to portray Bella.

Everyone is too lively to portray Bella IMO :devil:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Everyone is too lively to portray Bella IMO :devil:

:laugh: It‘s true, though.

I agree with ruga, if it was simply her skating to these pieces without this entire vampire connection/theme, I might actually like it. Now, however I‘m not a fan. It just doesn’t fit. On the other hand, I was really looking forward to what should have been her FS. Hopefully she’ll either keep her old SP or show a new one to the more sophisticated style that we’ve all come to love from her. Oh well... I will live with this Twilight thing if only she is healthy. :pray:

Rosallie

On the Ice
CzechFed hasn't made an announcement yet so that's why I didn't know about it.
But you seem well informed so could you tell me something about them? When did they start skating together? And who is Liza?

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?80140-2019-20-Splits-amp-Partner-Changes Read the thread from the page three ;)

EDIT: + announcement from the CzechFed: https://www.czechskating.org/gallery/files/Informace_z_jednani_P_cKS_2019-05-17_5cefd44f133e7.pdf

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Uffff, Dima....Sound of silence? And this version... (i know is very popular, but i cannot stand it). The other program music is just typical musical song ... :slink:

Seruleane

Final Flight
I thought Daniil said no warhorses for Alina this season?:scratch3:

I’m not sure why Cleopatra or any of those sources are considered warhorse material. Seems people are just looking for things to criticize.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Alina Zagitova, New free program. Cleopatra.

Music is : Peter Gabriel - the feelings begin. Maurice Jarre - Lawrence d’Arabie ouverture. Khatir Hicham - Ramses.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzjI_tGIIPH/?igshid=15lyu9a5ofmnz

----------

Wow. Interesting choice.
just 3 songs mixed together? is Daniil sick?:laugh: now i'm wondering how The Last temptation of Christ fits with Lawrence of Arabia and Ramses

Was there something in the bottled water at worlds that led to this onslaught of vaguely Middle Eastern inspired music choices? What relation does TE Lawrence have with Cleopatra? I mean, the movie has a great soundtrack, so why not, but still wth?

Trend Allert: middle east

maybe it's just me, but i could never get to understand all the fuss around the cultural apropriation of Cleopatra stuff. Who are supposed to get offended? the ancient Egyptians? or better the Macedonian Greeks? (Cleopatra didn't have an ounce of egyptian blood, she was ethnically and culturally a Macedonian Greek)

Victoria Sinitsina/Nikita Katsalapov
FD: Antonín Dvořák: Gypsy Melodies, Op. 55, B. 104 - Songs My Mother Taught Me
performed by Nemanja Radulovic
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzkwkQDIFjH/

i love this!

so she didn't ditch Twilight but just swapped it? :(

Dmitri Aliev
SP- Je Dors Sur Des Roses performed by Mikelangelo Loconte (Rock-Opera Mozart)
FP- The Sound of Silence by Disturbed
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzlIgaDgV11/?igshid=15pmhwohggdn8

what is this thing russian guys have with Mozart Opera Rock? last year Morisi and this one Aliev? :biggrin: anyway i like it like as a guilty plasure; i also like Disturbed's Sound of Silence unlike many of you :biggrin: