2019 Canadian Nats: Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nats: Ladies FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the ladies need to up their TES

aurora, larkyn and veroniik are all coming back from injury and purposely not doing the lutz (and even the flip for Veronik) all 3 also had 3-3 combos before injuries.

so, i don't think they need anyone to tell them what they need to do... they know but their body knows better.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think Michelle Long deserves a mention in this thread. She skated in the penultimate group, so people may not have watched her performance, which placed 4th in the free skate. Having seen her at GTSA in the summer, I agree with Ted's comment that for her, it's a pure passion to skate and you can see her heart is in it. And a beautiful reaction from her at the end.

Her FP: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70xli4?start=5460

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I think Michelle Long deserves a mention in this thread. She skated in the penultimate group, so people may not have watched her performance, which placed 4th in the free skate. Having seen her at GTSA in the summer, I agree with Ted's comment that for her, it's a pure passion to skate and you can see her heart is in it. And a beautiful reaction from her at the end.

Her FP: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70xli4?start=5460

Thanks Bill! For me, Michelle is an Ambassador for the sport. While the jumps are not perfect, she competes with so much joy and no skater I know, has her grace.

doublequad

On the Ice
aurora, larkyn and veroniik are all coming back from injury and purposely not doing the lutz (and even the flip for Veronik) all 3 also had 3-3 combos before injuries.

so, i don't think they need anyone to tell them what they need to do... they know but their body knows better.

well, good. i don't follow canadian skaters that closely so didn't know they were injured. definitely nothing compared to japnats or rusnats. those are just much more fun to watch

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
well, good. i don't follow canadian skaters that closely so didn't know they were injured. definitely nothing compared to japnats or rusnats. those are just much more fun to watch

Well, to each their own. But as some others have posted, there are many qualities to appreciate in the Canadian ladies at this event, even with less difficulty overall on the jump content. Larkyn's SP was a highlight for me and I liked how the unique program suited her, confidently projecting it with nice speed and hitting the accents of the music. Aurora had two strong performances, showing good basics and refinement in her movements and the potential to be a future star. Finally, it was so exciting to see such a different mindset in Alaine from last Nationals, fifth in the short and laying down her best performance in more than two years to come back and win her second title.