2019 European Championships: Pairs' Pregame Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships: Pairs' Pregame Chat

LadyB

Record Breaker
Needless to say, I'll miss Ksenia & Fedor like hell. The event will lack their stunning performances. :sad21:, but I'm very glad T/M went back to their Rach SP, I think that goes down better with the judges - and I personally like it more as well. I'd love them to win, as B/K are maybe not quite ready yet. It'll be tough, as I think J/C are very determined and are able to nail it. For bronze, I wish for any of the two young Russian teams or DM/G (already looking forward to Matteo's gala performance :biggrin:). I also like Z/K and B/M, so good luck to them too.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Really rooting for DM/G and hope they can make it onto the podium!
Overall hoping everyone has clean skates too!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'd love to see B/K on podium, but this is their first major competition so here's hoping the pressure doesn't get to them. T/M with their return to their Rach SP versus J/C will be interesting too, but I think J/C and their spectacular free will probably be the winners. Clean skates for everyone (especially Sasha and Mitya :laugh:)!

malya

On the Ice
Slightly dumb question: with only 11 starters, you only have to reach 10 place to earn two spots for your country next year right?

The TES minimum for EC doesn't look insanely high, but it's sad to see so few pairs competing...

Maybe a place at Europeans will be good motivation for skaters in Spain to form another decent pair if Barquero/Maestu don't disappoint :)

Nirti

Medalist
Slightly dumb question: with only 11 starters, you only have to reach 10 place to earn two spots for your country next year right?

The TES minimum for EC doesn't look insanely high, but it's sad to see so few pairs competing...

Maybe a place at Europeans will be good motivation for skaters in Spain to form another decent pair if Barquero/Maestu don't disappoint :)

Yes, the rule for next year's spots stays the same!

The TES are not so high and even if all the active senior pairs had reached them, we would have only 14/15 pairs (the 11 here + the 2 who withdrew + 1 french pair + maybe 1 italian pair). The 2nd french pair should have been Hamon/Strekalyn, but they reached their TES at a competition who didn't count for it (the rule is that it must be at least 2 pairs from 2 different countries, and at this event only 3 french pairs competed). A 3rd italian pair, Foresti/Caputo, competed in november, but didn't reach the TES and finally didn't skate at Italian Nationals.
Some junior pairs would be senior age-eligible too, but are only skating junior this season.

Spain has already a second pair, Dorota Broda and Pablo Betegon :) Probably a chance to see them next year!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
GO Vanessa & Morgan.. wish them well !!