2019 Four Continents Ladies Short Program | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Ladies Short Program

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Which is just plain unfair. Bradie is doing really well this season and I enjoy her SP but performance wise, Mariah is just on a totally different level. And Bradie‘s SS aren‘t the best either, so it‘s not like that‘s where the difference could be coming from. They were both clean today but it was clear for me that Mariah > Bradie. Scores say otherwise. :shrug:

Hasn’t Bradie got a much higher base value?

(I’m watching it all right now.)

Orlov

Medalist
For me, today's heroines of the day are without a doubt Bell and Tennel. I also liked Kaori (but mostly her 3Lo).
American programs are real, are interesting. They are full of life. Bell was full of vital power today, her program reminded me about sunny summer, (which perfectly harmonized with her cute face looked like a little round sun :) Милая Машенька Колокольчикова :luv17:) I liked the Bradie program, how it "unfolded", how it captured me by its inner power.

Again - the Japanese programs do not touch at all. They seem to be the same. I understand that they are not the same, but they are somehow bland. The Mihara program looks like a parody of the "typical Japanese program."

Of course, I was worried about Elizabeth (first of all she is from Moscow, like me - for me it is always a sufficient reason :)), but she was a bit tense today. Still, I'm glad that she was selected in the strongest six.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just looked at the protocols.

Not to accuse the esteemed panel of holding anybody up (or down) with PCS... I'll just say that I didn't see it that way.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hasn’t Bradie got a much higher base value?

(I’m watching it all right now.)

Why, though? They‘re both doing 3Lz-3T, 2A and 3F as far as I know. Mariah usually isn‘t clean but today she was so I don‘t know why there‘d be much of a difference between them. Bradie ditched the 3Lz-3Lo in the SP.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Bell was full of vital power today, her program reminded me about sunny summer, (which perfectly harmonized with her cute face looked like a little round sun)

I love that comparison. Mariah always reminds me of warmth and summer and sunshine. And she‘s radiating with joy. It‘s so rare to see a skater openly show their joy and passion while competing and Mariah is doing it every single time. As a spectator, that‘s a gift.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Which is just plain unfair. Bradie is doing really well this season and I enjoy her SP but performance wise, Mariah is just on a totally different level. And Bradie‘s SS aren‘t the best either, so it‘s not like that‘s where the difference could be coming from. They were both clean today but it was clear for me that Mariah > Bradie. Scores say otherwise. :shrug:

From what i was able to see, the difference was in the fact that Mariah looked as she put a lot more effort to do things, while Bradie skated her program with less effort, more naturaly and cohesive, and her elements somehow looked more connected with overal skating/program...

readernick

Medalist
Judges always do this at 4CC. They give everyone 33PCS in the top group and let TES determine who wins. Not sure why Mariah got less than 33 though? That was weird. All the other skaters PCS scores are as expected.

Roo87

Medalist
*finally takes a glance at the overall standigs*

ALAINE. WHAT DID YOU DO?!?! :eeking:

ugh it was hard to watch. I'm sure in classic Alaine fashion she'll come back with a decent free program because there's no pressure. GIRL YOU'RE CAPABLE OF SO MUCH BETTER.

chloepoco

Medalist
Granted, Mai did not skate well here. However, it is disconcerting how people are always so quick to put her down. Or the backhanded compliments, “Mai is good, but ....”. Her style or choice of music may not appeal to you, but that does not mean she’s boring to others, or her skating is time for a refrigerator break.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was not ready for what I found when I opened the detailed protocols. :shocked:

And......Why did I think this started tomorrow? :laugh2:

Why, though? They‘re both doing 3Lz-3T, 2A and 3F as far as I know. Mariah usually isn‘t clean but today she was so I don‘t know why there‘d be much of a difference between them. Bradie ditched the 3Lz-3Lo in the SP.

The base values were almost identical: 32.53 for Bradie, 32.03 for Mariah. Bradie had a little edge in jump GOE, plus Mariah had a level 3 spin.

I just looked at the protocols.

Not to accuse the esteemed panel of holding anybody up (or down) with PCS... I'll just say that I didn't see it that way.

Judge #9 (USA) gave the biggest edge to Bradie over Mariah in PCSs. Strangely, though, for Bradie he gave her the lowest in Musical Interpretation, which I thought was excellent. (For SS I wish she could soften her knees a little. Still, that's a nitpick of a great performance.)

This same judge was over the moon for Kaori. I think all of his PCSs for her were thrown out in trimming.

I guess that's why they have nine judges.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
(Still catching up)

Oh honey this announcer. Do you need a sit down? What’s going on?!

kimi492

Final Flight
Just had to watch everything later - I had it DvR’d. Johnny’s comments after Eunsoo skated were rude. I remember after the olympics his comments at Jun were super weird too. What is his problem for real?

But she (Eunsoo) was not (over the time limit) :scratch2:

I agree. She does not start moving until a couple of seconds after the music starts. This is the old Torvill and Dean trick -- the time starts with the movement, not the music. I thought Lin was OK.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
(I’m still catching up)

I loved everything, EVERYTHING, about Mariah’s SP.

The music, choreography, interpretation, that fist pump after the 3F. Well done!!