2019 Four Continents Ladies Short Program | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Ladies Short Program

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Bradie's SP suits her so well and breaks the mold.... there is something startlingly electric and powerfully feminine in her angularity in a Jyn Erso sort of way, especially in that final gesture. Was it Johnny Weir who said "Sorceress" when she finished skating at Nationals? I love it.. A SciFi fan, for sure..
Mariah was warmth and sunlight, energized and strong, full of joy... and a pleasure to behold! Congratulations ladies!!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I could swear Bradie was a flutzer but now I don't know... No edge calls for her ever? Am I seeing things then?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Judge #9 (USA) gave the biggest edge to Bradie over Mariah in PCSs. Strangely, though, for Bradie he gave her the lowest in Musical Interpretation, which I thought was excellent. (For SS I wish she could soften her knees a little. Still, that's a nitpick of a great performance.)

This same judge was over the moon for Kaori. I think all of his PCSs for her were thrown out in trimming.

I guess that's why they have nine judges.

Judge #9 marks for Rika were definitely out of line, almost all of them (PCS and GOE) :biggrin:

readernick

Medalist
I could swear Bradie was a flutzer but now I don't know... No edge calls for her ever? Am I seeing things then?

I don’t see her flutz. The edge seems ok to me although not a really deep outside edge. She sometimes has a lip which she gets called on.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
(I’m still watching)

Drama is good for Bradie- it matches her strong skating. I think she's beginning to find her own and for the first time I'm actually looking forward to what she does next year.

Yes this! That ending pose was everything!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
J9 was the "crazy one", there's always one in every event.. :laugh:

btw, the KAZ judge is on my blacklist forever, since the ONT, I don't trust him.

Judge number 1? He gave the highest mark for LilBet comparing to the others. I can't see the judges names tho
Edit: Oh, after refreshing the page :tantrum: i see the names but not the nationality. I assume J6 is Kaz judge. But J1 liked LilBet more than him :biggrin:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I don’t see her flutz. The edge seems ok to me although not a really deep outside edge. She sometimes has a lip which she gets called on.

I see a flat edge/sometimes inside edge right on the take-off. It's not terrible but I don't consider it a very good lutz. She does have good rhythm in her combination though, which is something I find lacking in so many ladies.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
(Still watching)

I love Doris Day but this is missing the character of the song. There are moments but Mai doesn’t quite know how to exude that shy charmed feeling the song has in every element and crossover like Mariah Bell can.

rikaquegira

On the Ice

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Well, I'm not even surprised. At ONT he and the RUS judge basically plotted against Rika.
Judge by yourself:
http://skatingscores.com/2019/cssvk/ladies/short/
http://skatingscores.com/2019/cssvk/ladies/long/

*and it's not judge 1 is #6 actually

http://skatingscores.com/official/kaz/yuriy_guskov/

Well, its a TW (TPE) judge who pushed her comparing to the others. That judge you are talking about gave higher PCS marks for Rika, Kaori and Bradie (his GOE were also among the highest for them), so i don't see a problem there...

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Well, its a Tawanese judge who pushed her comparing to the others. That judge you are talking about gave higher PCS marks for Rika, Kaori and Bradie (his GOE were also among the highest for them), so i don't see a problem there...

I know, I'm not accusing him on anything here related to his job at 4CC. I'm just saying every time I see he's one of the judges I'm like... :think:

chaser

Rinkside
Lots of good skating today. Mariah Bell was my pick on the enjoyment scale.
Used as much of that music as she possibly could.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Oh, really!
https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...96-program-component-chart-id-sp-2018-19/file
So, the definition is: 'Involvement of the Skater/Pair/Couple physically, emotionally and intellectually as they deliver the intent of the music and composition'. Physical involvement is even mentioned first in PE criterias! The intent of every composition/balanced program is to deliver at least 2A, and Rika missed that. Because of those kind of mistakes there is also further recomendation - that for biger technical mistakes judges deduct (or not reward skaters) in PE score!
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Exactly. Kaori should definitely be in first. But they lowballed her and Mariah and had to give Bradie the same.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Bradie's spins are super fast and centered, but some of Mariah's spins were slow, though she still received level 4. GOE are different higher for Bradie's elements.

Why, though? They‘re both doing 3Lz-3T, 2A and 3F as far as I know. Mariah usually isn‘t clean but today she was so I don‘t know why there‘d be much of a difference between them. Bradie ditched the 3Lz-3Lo in the SP.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Yes, but the woman still can' even make the top ten at 4CCs; imagine worlds. Bye bye three spots for Canada. maybe two spots too.
Oh agreed about Canada's spots. It's over this year. Gonna have to rebuild. There is nobody aside from Kaetlyn and Gabrielle. Larkyn is nowhere near them. I mean she doesn't have a 3-3. But we'll see about top 10! Wishing her a lot of improvement and a promising future.

readernick

Medalist
Oh, really!
https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...96-program-component-chart-id-sp-2018-19/file
So, the definition is: 'Involvement of the Skater/Pair/Couple physically, emotionally and intellectually as they deliver the intent of the music and composition'. Physical involvement is even mentioned first in PE criterias! The intent of every composition/balanced program is to deliver at least 2A, and Rika missed that. Because of those kind of mistakes there is also further recomendation - that for biger technical mistakes judges deduct (or not reward skaters) in PE score!
The first line on the ISU explanation is that PCS is awarded for non jump elements. That quote is related the choreography. You are taking it out of context. Good jumps are rewarded with good TES. PCS is rewarded for non-jump elements. For falls, you can't award over 9.5.That is the only rule.