2019 Junior Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat

1904sk8

On the Ice
By the way, what is her connection with France? I can't find any information and it seems she still lives and trains in Moskva

I assume one of her parents (likely her mom because she has a russian last name) is of french descent. She must have some connection or she wouldn't be able to represent the country I don't think

P44

On the Ice
I assume one of her parents (likely her mom because she has a russian last name) is of french descent. She must have some connection or she wouldn't be able to represent the country I don't think

I think one of her parents is French or something like that. I have never found information about this. Does she even speak French ?
Anyway I think it's an opportunity for the French federation. Currently lady category is quite "empty" in France. Mae Berenice Meite and Laurine Lecavelier are not that bad but I think Anna can reach a level well above.

Nirti

Medalist
Of course if she represents France, she has the french citizenship, right? I was wondering for the next OG :p

Meanwhile she'll be a contender for the 3rd french spot at next Euros!

P44

On the Ice
Of course if she represents France, she has the french citizenship, right? I was wondering for the next OG :p

Meanwhile she'll be a contender for the 3rd french spot at next Euros!

No it is not necessary (but we need the agreement of the federations). By cons it is mandatory for the Olympics.
But yes I think she will be a strong contender !

Nirti

Medalist
No it is not necessary (but we need the agreement of the federations). By cons it is mandatory for the Olympics.
But yes I think she will be a strong contender !

Oh really, I thought it was only in pairs/ice dance that it was allowed for one of the partners not to be a citizen of the country represented.
But indeed, with all the nationality changes, it would be surprising that so many skaters have a double-citizenship!

P44

On the Ice
Oh really, I thought it was only in pairs/ice dance that it was allowed for one of the partners not to be a citizen of the country represented.
But indeed, with all the nationality changes, it would be surprising that so many skaters have a double-citizenship!

I'm not so sure anymore. :scratch2:
I think it depends on the federations.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

Citizenship is only mandatory for the Olympics and/or Youth Olympics. Kraznozhon doesn't have U.S. citizenship yet, for example.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I can’t believe I woke up to such sad news [emoji24]
I was rooting for Alena the most... Whatever happened, I hope it’s nothing serious and that she gets well soon. [emoji120]