2019 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm also admiring her a lot. Delivering all season. Free skate will be exciting :)

Trusova is a super fierce competitor. She is not going to hand over the JR Worlds gold medal (actually any gold medal at any competition) without a fight.

andromache

Record Breaker
Trusova having higher PCS than Shcherbakova is laughable for these two performances. Trusova looked tentative and she has performed this program far better.

Ting brought much more to her performance than Trusova today. IMO, Ting was super underscored here relative to Trusova and Shcherbakova in both PCS and GOE (or more likely, those two were both overscored).

Reputation scoring just kills me.

I didn't watch Ksenya so I can't comment on her score, but she hasn't wowed me in the past. Still, I think it's unlikely that her teammates were so many points better than her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Trusova having higher PC's and SS's than Anna...????:scratch2:

Sasha does have better skating skills than Anna, though. But yes, everything else, Anna was way ahead today.

The programs are really different, the emotion can not be the same.
I don't really understand people who complain about Sasha's lack of artistry honestly. I have the impression that a lot of people only see artistry in soft and slow music programs :confused2:

Sasha's SP is really good and normally she portrays the character with lots of power. She isn't a very musical skater but she makes up for that by showing energy and strong, confident skating. Today, she lacked a bit of enthusiasm for me, it seemed more flat than usually. So, I'd say, today, Anna was better. Artistically as well as emotionally, she just seemed more invested in her performance.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ting got just shy of 29 for PCS while Anna & Sasha got 31... WAT... I gotta go to bed soon but c'mon!!

andromache

Record Breaker
Sasha does have better skating skills than Anna, though. But yes, everything else, Anna was way ahead today.

Sasha's SP is really good and normally she portrays the character with lots of power. She isn't a very musical skater but she makes up for that by showing energy and strong, confident skating. Today, she lacked a bit of enthusiasm for me, it seemed more flat than usually. So, I'd say, today, Anna was better. Artistically as well as emotionally, she just seemed more invested in her performance.

100%. I LOVE this program for Trusova, but today she didn't sell it.

It has nothing to do with a preference for lyrical performances or "soft and slow music programs). Trusova just felt flat and tentative.

ETA: I will say I strongly disagree with those saying that Yuna was underscored. She is just very sloppy in her movements in comparison to some of the others and lacks polish.

Last edited:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Trusova having higher PCS than Shcherbakova is laughable for these two performances. Trusova looked tentative and she has performed this program far better.

Ting brought much more to her performance than Trusova today. IMO, Ting was super underscored here relative to Trusova and Shcherbakova in both PCS and GOE (or more likely, those two were both overscored).

Reputation scoring just kills me.

I didn't watch Ksenya so I can't comment on her score, but she hasn't wowed me in the past. Still, I think it's unlikely that her teammates were so many points better than her.

Right. This is how I feel. I think the placements are what they should be but the PCS discrepancy is noticeable.

Shanshani

On the Ice

This seems right to me. I think Anna is a more musical skater than Sasha, but I'm not actually sure she has better skating skills. Whereas Sasha, despite not being the most connected to the music, is usually engaging to watch not just because of the jumps but because she skates with power and attitude. But I do think that was missing today, so Anna should be ahead on PCS by a couple of points at least.

zounger

Medalist
Also I think Sinitsina performed the best 2A of the evening. As unpopular this may sound.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can Ting break this curse of skating one program clean then bomb the next one? If she skates clean she will i believe be on the podium but she needs to believe in herself which seems to be an ongoing struggle. She needs to fight which has been lacking when the jumps go south.

andromache

Record Breaker
Can Ting break this curse of skating one program clean then bomb the next one? If she skates clean she will i believe be on the podium but she needs to believe in herself. which seems to be an ongoing struggle. She needs to fight which has been lacking when the jumps go south.

I am not going to get my hopes up. Ting tends to kill it in the SP and bomb the LP or vice versa. I will be watching tomorrow with my hands over my eyes. :hopelessness:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Yuna had an ur call on her flip, not on the 3t as some posters tried to guess... That was a very very stingy call, her flip looked well rotated even in the slow mo. Tomoe's flip got a wrong edge, not even a !

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not going to get my hopes up. Ting tends to kill it in the SP and bomb the LP or vice versa. I will be watching tomorrow with my hands over my eyes. :hopelessness:

I'm tired of watching skaters i like with my hands over my eyes because they are such headcases. :palmf:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yuna had an ur call on her flip, not on the 3t as some posters tried to guess... That was a very very stingy call, her flip looked well rotated even in the slow mo. Tomoe's flip got a wrong edge, not even a !

The level 1V on Yuna's combo spin hurt her score the most.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Best axels of SP
Anna SHCHERBAKOVA +1.18
Alexandra TRUSOVA +1.04
Yuhana YOKOI +1.04
Kseniia SINITSYNA +0.94
Yuna SHIRAIWA +0.85

Best spiners with all levels 4
Anna SHCHERBAKOVA +3.3
Alexandra TRUSOVA +2.95
Kseniia SINITSYNA 2.82
Anastasiia ARKHIPOVA +2.51
Haein LEE +2.22

Sometimes I think, that I and judges were watching different tournaments.

elysium

On the Ice
Both Anna and Sasha were great today. I’m happy with either of them leading here.

Pity that Sasha took out the loop, was really looking forward to see it live.

I think maybe Ksenia should have been the third. Ting’s combination wasn’t 100% perfect.

deedee1

Record Breaker
It sounds very silly of me asking a question as follows now :eek::, however, why we don't see Alena Kostornaia at this Junior Worlds??? I must have missed something... :palmf:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
By witnessing this live I just want to say that Sasha Trusova has amazing skating skills. Phenomenal! And also her programs suits her very well, the entire audience loved her performance. This girl is criticised so much for things that aren't true at all, she owns the ice in a way no one else does.

Also watching Anya live, her musicality stands out even more. She is a true fairy, just flows over the ice and shows so much enjoyment while doing so.[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

The battle for gold will be so intense, the quad fight will take place tomorrow. It will be so exciting to watch!

Also I would have seen Ksusha on third, she skates and jumps big, like really big. I loved her performance a lot!