dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Note all times central

CBC Sports Streaming
CBC Television
Times in CST

Sat Mar 16 2:30 PM Road to the Olympic Games: World Junior Figure Skating Championships

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ya gotta love going to the official site. Time schedule? Soon. Practice schedule? Soon. Que Sera Sera...no reason to get in a hurry over such things....
I just hope someone has vids on Youtube. Right now its 9 am in Spokane...6 pm in Croatia.
Ting skate clean! (say THAT 12 times fast)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, that channel does not work in the US, generally.

Perhaps it will this time, since no group appears to be showing it here. But it would not be the first time a group has purchased the rights but did not show the content. For example, the 4 Continents gala was never shown on TV, nor is it on Sports Gold, yet I cannot play it on the ISU channel.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, that channel does not work in the US, generally.

Perhaps it will this time, since no group appears to be showing it here. But it would not be the first time a group has purchased the rights but did not show the content. For example, the 4 Continents gala was never shown on TV, nor is it on Sports Gold, yet I cannot play it on the ISU channel.

"ISU: The ISU will stream the entire competition and gala live in countries that have not purchased broadcasting rights for the event." All this geo-blocking makes me sad. Hey, I AM A CONSUMER that wants to purchase events. Take my money like NBCSPORTSGOLD does....but no. If I live in a country that someone, say Mrs. P, has bought the broadcast rights to an event, even if she doesnt show it, I am dead in the water. I am pretty much a law and order person but if a fan records the content with a bootleg program and gives the content to other fans without compensation, I can absolutly see why and side with them. This blocking is bravo sierra. Anyone know how to put this stuff on the dark web?
Just remember, the feral govt can't seem to stop people from ringing your phone from India and scamming you , or having scammers attack your computer...but just try and put up some skates from Croatia that no one will provide to you for any cost and see what happens....:p OK, rant over...for now.....:devil:

pearly

Record Breaker
As per Jackie Wong, the ISU channel will be available in the US.

CoyoteChris and everyone else: there are two websites that I listed in my previous post that ALWAYS stream all events. Any time of day or night, ok.ru and QQ Live are streaming skating. I use AdBlock so I don't know if there are many pop ups on these pages, but they are legit streaming pages and if you are careful with pop up ads, you'll be fine.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

CoyoteChris and everyone else: there are two websites that I listed in my previous post that ALWAYS stream all events. Any time of day or night, ok.ru and QQ Live are streaming skating. I use AdBlock so I don't know if there are many pop ups on these pages, but they are legit streaming pages and if you are careful with pop up ads, you'll be fine.

Wait, the ISU livestream channel will be available in the USA this time around?!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Unless there is an error, when the livestream came up, it said they were sorry, it was unavailable in my country... :sad21:

USA

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Content restricted in Czech Republic, you've got to be kidding me. As if Eurosport would air a second of junior worlds... thx for spoiling my noon, ISU. :[

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks, Doris! It's choppy in places (just my PC maybe), but it works for me too! hooray! :thumbsup:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I am sorry if I misunderstood you...are you saying that they stream anytime of the day or night just live or live and on demand? In the past, for some reason, I have not had good luck with the Russian streams....

pearly

Record Breaker
I am sorry if I misunderstood you...are you saying that they stream anytime of the day or night just live or live and on demand? In the past, for some reason, I have not had good luck with the Russian streams....

When an event is live, they stream it. In my experience this is usually regardless of what time it is for them locally in China or Russia. Ok.ru has worked really well for me this season, especially with ad block.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This stream worked fairly well. It did get choppy a couple of times but recovered well. Not sure if it can be rewound.

I clicked on the link and did see Pairs SP are available but I did not see the Mens SP.

All I can say is the "on Demand" worked perfectly. I have a few choice words about the quality of the video editor and two of the cameramen, but I am just glad to have anything at this point.....now, back to NBCSPORTSGOLD....