2019 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2019 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Looking at the schedule for the free. It says 9:30am start time on Saturday, then 11:09 start time for men. There's no way it'll finish in 90 minutes. What gives?
The early groups are at 9 o'clock to 11 then the last group is latter in the day

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Tim:yes2:

I love that SP. :luv17: and love to see her skating again

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
That makes sense, they've done it that way before, but then when are the final groups? It doesn't say on the schedule.
I'm sorry that's incorrect was thinking of Europeans did it this year... Since it's so early in the morning and there's no commercial breaks the competition should go pretty fast

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Looking at the schedule for the free. It says 9:30am start time on Saturday, then 11:09 start time for men. There's no way it'll finish in 90 minutes. What gives?

Those are for groups 1 and 2, groups 3 and 4 of the pairs and men will be shown later in the day (better for tv scheduling)

bobbob

Medalist
Alexa and Chris weren't that bad.... How were they judged so poorly. Personally I think they only Tarah and Danny were better, though I get 2nd and 3rd, so they should be in 4th. Once again, Nationals judges and their complete disregard for skating skills. Make a mistake and you're done.

Country
Russia
All last skated five pairs are nice and strong.
Especially Cain-Leduc (I love them best) and of course Kayne-O'Shea.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa and Chris weren't that bad.... How were they judged so poorly. Personally I think they only Tarah and Danny were better, though I get 2nd and 3rd, so they should be in 4th. Once again, Nationals judges and their complete disregard for skating skills. Make a mistake and you're done.

I’ve got no problem with criticism of National’s judging in general, but not in this case. Chris and Alexa were just not very good in this phase.

They were beaten soundly and fairly by a lot of couples.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those are for groups 1 and 2, groups 3 and 4 of the pairs and men will be shown later in the day (better for tv scheduling)

I rode to the arena with someone who said that had been changed. She seemed very knowledgeable. But who knows. This nationals is a total mess compared to the other one I've been to. Was madly tweeting everyone and his dog about Skate Radio being fubar, when I get to the suite Brent has no idea anything is wrong with it..they set up an event with Scott Hamilton and sell not a single ticket when Mirai sold out in 20 minutes and do not know until I tell them that the page returns a response that all the tickets are sold...so they fixed it now...I hope they can actually sell some. If they don't have skate radio fixed by tomorrow I am going to pitch a fit.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a fantastic pairs SP event!

No, no it wasn't.:(:(:(

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Got in just in time to see C/L. They were great, but what happened to the no commentary, NBC Gold? I had gotten used to that. Ugh.

They always do commentary on Nationals. Well, IceNetwork always did so I naturally expected NBC Gold to do so as well.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Mirai looks lovely commentating....

Not really. She stands out like she didn't get the fashion message but still glad to see her:) I think so far what I have seen the results are right but the scores are very generous compared to Russian and Canadian Nationals.