2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
James / Cipres (FRA)

Tech: Great catch on the 3Twist, only a 2T from Cipres (ouch), an extra spin from James on the sbs spins but good speed and sync overall, nice detail to the music on the lift, good speed through the death spiral (Level 4), a rough fall on the throw 3F (oh-no), good musical emphasis through the step sequence (Level 4)

Pres: Well, they are not happy with that performance. The fall and the pop on the jump elements will really hurt their score. Maybe that crash in the warm-up just shook James too much.

Score: TES 34.61, PCS 35.06, -1 Deduction, 68.67 (currently 6th)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Was I the only who did not believe in a title for French?

oly2018

Final Flight
methinks Guillame should've refine his choreographic skills before giving any to skaters like James/Cipres

I completely agree with this. It was too big a season for them to take a risk on someone who has never choreographed for a major team before. Plus, how often could they ask for touch ups when he is also a competitive skater?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holy yikes, 7th in the end as I'm sure Z/E will go ahead of them. 13 points off the lead, 7 off of podium. Oh dear.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Ya'll, I am getting a BAD feeling about this Worlds. I don't like it :sad4:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Podium is still doable with P/J's sbs weaknesses, but oof, that's a ways off from 1st and 2nd.

kimi492

Final Flight
Ya'll, I am getting a BAD feeling about this Worlds. I don't like it :sad4:

It’s weird you say that - I felt the same and this performance from J/C is just solidifying it. I have a feeling a lot of fan favorites are going to bomb

frida80

Record Breaker

No you weren't. It's a lot to expect a pair to suddenly have a perfect season and not have some serious pressure at Worlds. The good news is that they'll learn from it. Each year they just get better and better.

theharleyquinn

Medalist

They peaked quite early in the season, so it was always kind of a question of where the rest of the field would be. T/M seem like they could be peaking here, P/J have returned to form, and S/H look better than reports had suggested. Them being able to claw their way to a bronze would be asking a great deal - have they figured out how to fix that time violation issue with the FS? They can't afford to give anything away.

GGFan

Record Breaker
That Z/E program just feels like a high school drama performance. I cannot take it seriously. Sorry

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow that wasn't expected. I had such confidence in James and Cipres. She is so fierce. And he seemed like a rock. I didn't think T/M would bring it our S/H would hold it all together. mind you the long is the achilles to both so j c could come back but they might be a bit far to catch both of them. Still ice is slippery. I am curious to see how Z and E holdup with injuries.

frida80

Record Breaker
I completely agree with this. It was too big a season for them to take a risk on someone who has never choreographed for a major team before. Plus, how often could they ask for touch ups when he is also a competitive skater?

And he's training another country.