2019 World Team Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy Ladies Short Program

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kaori also clean... but they just can't compete with Liza's and Rika's well done triple axels...

76.95 in third place

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
What I really loved about that SP of Kaori is how her movement prolongs the music, how she is able to sustain that moment of exit from jumps, spins along the music...There's that lyrical delicacy in a way she moves that feels actually vivid and dynamic for me, she embodies that music with simplicity, but adds nuance in these 'sustained' moments:love:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Question: Why do Japan and Russia get the choice KnC boxes? Are they the top qualifiers?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Loved flower crowns! I have to seriously consider doing some also for coaches going to next competitions!:laugh:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Kaori got the highest PCS of the entire Ladies event!

She is scored more/less same as Rika in all categories except in TR which gave her the best PCS... (Rika's TR suffer a bit because of preparation for 3A... but that 3A gives her a lot more points, so)... And Liza's PE score is around 9 as it should be...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
please do it :biggrin: i'm already picturing in my mind mishin or raf with a crown:biggrin:

As I plan to be at IdF, I definitely will do one for John Zimmermann and Silvia Fontana, also for Marie-France since P/C will be there (and hopefully M-F will be there!). If Maestro Mishin will be there, I will do one for him and one for Tatiana Prokofieva

LadyB

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, I forgot that you were coming over to my fair isle this week! :cheer: Enjoy your trip! :biggrin:

And don't worry, it's not just you at the airport. We are all having problems with the stream. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Landed in Dublin’s fair city...now in the car to Donegal, the pride of all!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched the video of Rika's skate and have to comment on what a special skater she is. Her jumps are perfection. No snow on that 3A. It looked as easy as a 2A. And the way she moves over the ice--everything flows one move into the next. When she is on, she is the best ladies skater in the world right now.

Ulrica

On the Ice
Technically ideal Liza's 3A https://youtu.be/YqbxzoQU1KQ?t=56 getting less GOEs than halfturn prerotated Rika's 3A https://youtu.be/Osem0fAOXs8?t=55 is just :drama:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wtt2019/data0203.pdf
And it's not the first time when Liza's perfect lutz or 3A are getting ridiculously low GOEs. What is it, conspiracy against her? :unsure:

Rika's prerotation is exaclty the one needed for a triple axel, in the video you just posted you can clearly see how her toe pick left the ice when her body faced a right angle, at 90 degrees. For an Axel jump to be considered “cheated”, this per ISU ruling if you actually took the time to read it, the takeoff has to be clear backward, so it has to be pre rotated by at least 180 degrees.

To quote Alice from th-real-xmonster tumblr "As to why some people refuse to see what I'm seeing, if you are in a generous enough mood to afford them the benefit of the doubt, I posit that they either (1) lack knowledge of basic geometry concepts, in other words they can’t tell a 90-degree angle from a 180 or (2) need to see an optometrist posthaste. In case you are, like me, not magnanimous enough to assume the best in people, anyone who tries to convince you of Rika’s “cheated takeoff” is either a case of willful ignorance or a pathological liar."