2020-2021 European Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 European Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
From the competition live streams from Estonia, it seems figure skating is very much alive there.

Who are Estonia's second and third skaters, chasing after Eva-Lotta?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Former Russian skater Viktoriia Safonova assigned to rostelecom Grand Prix.😄 How has she been doing??
2nd stage of Belarus Cup:

I believe Viktoriya didn't compete in the first stage, but I remember to have seen her in another Minsk competition.

Given the resources probably spent on it by the government, the Belarus figure skating as a whole is still on a low level.

On a side note, Viktoriya is also skating to Bolero, so we have many alike routine to compares in artistic staging, development in interpretation by the skater and use of the music to maximum effect.

Last edited:

Novalis

Record Breaker
From the competition live streams from Estonia, it seems figure skating is very much alive there.

Who are Estonia's second and third skaters, chasing after Eva-Lotta?
I thought that Niina Petrokina seemed quite talented in last season's junior competitions (although the JrWorlds SP didn't quite work out in front of the home crowd)

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Delighted to see Loena come back so strong - her jumps look great! Kiibus was a favourite already last season although the programs look a bit raw still.

But one of my fave ladies programs so far is this, Benoit Richaud for Ekaterina Kurakova, FS. When I first saw it, I was a little annoyed to realize it was a Chaplin one - not a great fave theme in the way they are usually done. But by the time she finished, I was literally in tears. The way the music is constructed with the melodies weaving in and out is a brill idea and her performance skills are up to the task in both the funnier and melancholy bits. Hope she gets to show it properly later this season!

E

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
If I don't see loena hendrickx's Fever program soon, I am going to lose my mind.

Any news on Maia Mazzara? I'm rooting for her to become the top French skater in ladies.

brakes

On the Ice
I have issues with her jump entry technique (slow), but when I read on Kimmy Repond's instagram that she had serious fall on 4S several weeks ago but has already started to train it again and now she put this 3-3 galore in protective pants, I'm starting to think the girl may go places. (y)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Loena will put some pressure on Liza (?), Karen, the third Japanese skater (sorry, I don't know if the selection was made), and Korean skaters. She has chances to get in the final FP group. With that US and Korea's chances for 3 Olympic spots are not that bright.