2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Short Program

silveruskate

On the Ice
Satoko's dress colour was such a miss for the music, the exhibition black would be perfect. Everything else was good, nice to see her!

Skatefan15

On the Ice
I’m sad for Wakaba (and a little for Satoko), but I really love this top three! Also, I came kinda late, what’s going on with Marin?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
A footdown deserve negative GOE but a hand down isn't as bad apparently.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I’m sad for Wakaba (and a little for Satoko), but I really love this top three! Also, I came kinda late, what’s going on with Marin?
I heard she felt dizzy and collapsed, so she was not at morning practice and withdrew.

:pray: I hope Wakaba has an amazing free skate, 13th position really does not do her any justice for her great capabilities :(

haribobo

On the Ice
SP Results

1 Rika Kihira 79.34
2 Kaori Sakamoto 71.86
3 Mai Mihara 69.55
4 Mako Yamashita 67.28
5 Rin Nitaya 67.16
6 Satoko Miyahara 66.48
7 Rino Matsuike 65.57
8 Mana Kawabe 64.70
9 Tomoe Kawabata 64.56
10 Yuna Shiraiwa 63.96
11 Rion Sumiyoshi 62.62
12 Shiika Yoshioka 62.00
13 Wakaba Higuchi 61.53
14 Yuna Aoki 59.97
15 Natsu Suzuki 59.93
16 Yuhana Yokoi 59.83
17 Rika Hongo 59.05
18 Yuka Nagai 58.99
19 Hana Yoshida 58.79
20 Hina Takeno 57.04
21 Akari Matsubara 56.25
22 Honoka Hirotani 55.27
23 Chisato Uramatsu 55.05
24 Mone Chiba 54.45
25 Rika Oya 54.09
26 Ibuki Sato 53.71
27 Rinka Watanabe 46.18
28 Yura Matsuda 44.69
29 Riko Takino 43.69
Marin Honda WD

lzxnl

Final Flight
A footdown deserve negative GOE but a hand down isn't as bad apparently.
The favouritism for Kaori is insane. Are they really telling me that Kaori's lutz edge improved? It didn't to my eyes. I really want Rika to skate her FS clean and beat Kaori by a good 20 points, as expected. It'll show JSF the irony where domestically inflated scores are getting completely demolished by international-level scores.

Honestly was expecting 68 for that skate from Kaori. Lutz edge, popped jump and dodgy landing. However, I must admit, her 2A is amazing and the flow is incredible. Her general skating skills are no joke, and the speed at which she covers the ice is not to be taken lightly.

A list of random skates that I happen to remember for some reason:

Tomoe's skate stood out to me in that it...didn't stand out. It was another one of those flowery, pretty princess skates you get stereotypically from Japanese ladies, and it was a little dull. However, her lutz is amazing.

Wakaba...I think landing her other jumps should be a bigger priority than the 3A. The difference between a 3Fe and a 3F is similar to the difference between a 2A and a 3A. Just saying.

Satoko: lovely program, the music caught me off-guard, until I noticed Scherbakova skated to it before. The loop was a pity, but the initial 3Lz-3T height really surprised me. This time she managed to rotate the 3T, which is improvement.

Watanabe had a rough time. Starting in the last two groups to finish close to last. That has to be a terrible feeling.

I never understood the appeal of Mai's skating. Her programs don't inspire me at all, and while her consistency is to be admired, that is all their seems to be about her.

And, how can I forget, Rika's program was amazing. Although one could see the hesitation and the nerves in some of her spins (which weren't very centred, nor was the final I spin very straight), as well as the slightest uncertainty in the opening 3A and the error in the 3T, the overall design of the program is incredible. The program matches the music well, she skates with energy and passion and the choreography is actually interesting throughout the program, even how the opening 3A was set up. I wonder how this program will look when she's more comfortable performing it. Not having skated at any sectionals, GP or Challenger events is going to make someone a little nervous. Rika claims to be only 20% satisfied with her step sequence. What the heck is it meant to be then!!??

This free skate should be fun. Two skaters planning quads, three skaters trying triple axels...bring it.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Honestly JSF scoring makes me think they must have a prayer chanting circle so that Kaori can go clean and then can give her all the points.

I really do not get it. They have Rika. She has the jumps, the skating skills and all the potential in the world. Tech and artistry. She's the future of figure skating so what the f*** are they looking for exactly?

I always feel like they grudgingly have to tolerate her because she's got it all but they really wish it was someone else.

It makes me very cross 👿👿👿

readernick

Medalist
Honestly JSF scoring makes me think they must have a prayer chanting circle so that Kaori can go clean and then can give her all the points.

I really do not get it. They have Rika. She has the jumps, the skating skills and all the potential in the world. Tech and artistry. She's the future of figure skating so what the f*** are they looking for exactly?

I always feel like they grudgingly have to tolerate her because she's got it all but they really wish it was someone else.

It makes me very cross 👿👿👿
Honestly, JF hates all their skaters with the possible exception of Kaori (who they seem to like for some reason? ) the hatred isn't just directed toward Rika. All the skaters are underscored. It is a huge contrast when you look at Russian nationals...where they have a skater with a fall (and frankly a strange less than ideal combination ) almost 80 points and skaters who botch their combos and solo jumps get over 60 points.... Russia loves its skaters, Japan hates theirs....

Joekaz

On the Ice
I think Kaori’s score was pretty fair to be honest. She messed up the combo which cost her about 4-5 points. When she’s clean she scores around 75-77 so this score makes sense to me.
Im sorry but 71 for a sloppy 3/2 instead of a 3/3 is too high. I also think Rika was overscored as well so the gap is probably right, but those 2 were overscored compared to everyone else.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Im sorry but 71 for a sloppy 3/2 instead of a 3/3 is too high. I also think Rika was overscored as well so the gap is probably right, but those 2 were overscored compared to everyone else.
I just think since a clean Kaori skate is way higher than 71, it makes sense. Her spins were nice, her step sequence was good, and her PCS seemed pretty good, however I prefer NHK’s performance. I would’ve called her lutz edge but I also would’ve called others edges as well (not Rika since she can do a flip and lutz), so yeah...