2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Aliona at least trying to jump the 3A is good. Remember - one of Eteri’s conditions for her to stay is that she has to jump the 3A. While I don’t think they’re going to kick her out based on the shows, TikToks, interviews, etc., it’s good that she is working on it. This 3A is close, and she can probably do (or has recently done) a better 3A, as I don’t think Eteri would let her put in in a show if it wasn’t at least somewhat close.

Also: Why is it that the one show Aliona jumps the 3A is the one nobody films in at least halfway decent quality?

Amei

Record Breaker
Aliona at least trying to jump the 3A is good. Remember - one of Eteri’s conditions for her to stay is that she has to jump the 3A. While I don’t think they’re going to kick her out based on the shows, TikToks, interviews, etc., it’s good that she is working on it. This 3A is close, and she can probably do (or has recently done) a better 3A, as I don’t think Eteri would let her put in in a show if it wasn’t at least somewhat close.

Also: Why is it that the one show Aliona jumps the 3A is the one nobody films in at least halfway decent quality?

I think the whole getting the triple axel back as a "condition to stay" was more metaphorical vs. literal that had to be back by the end of the season, more like she had to show them that she is going to work.

silveruskate

On the Ice
I'm a big Aliona fan but the 3A was definitely downgrade and not close at all. More like an over-rotated 2A missing 3/4 rotation from a clean 3A. So still holding my breath in hope.

Amei

Record Breaker
I'm a big Aliona fan but the 3A was definitely downgrade and not close at all. More like an over-rotated 2A missing 3/4 rotation from a clean 3A. So still holding my breath in hope.

Agree the jump was short of being a triple axel and this was a meaningless exhibition and based on the clips I don't think it was a jump attempt integrated to a program but at the end of the show where they do one-off jumps. She has a long way to go, but its only April.

Amei

Record Breaker
It’s really cool that people can tell a rotation from that grainy ass video ... but let’s wait for a better footage!
good to see she built up courage to try it!

Well the step/spin out that she did when she landed is a usually an easy indicator that a jump is short.

dhjh811

On the Ice
How do we upload gifs on here? I've got a gif of the attempt zoomed in, slowed down and a bit higher quality, and it seems that the rotation was complete and she couldn't hold on to the landing. At the very least, it was a much closer attempt rotation-wise than some people are claiming here.

dhjh811

On the Ice

silveruskate

On the Ice

I tried... :scratch2: Wouldn't you all say that it does seem like it actually was fully rotated, or at least very close? Does not seem like a downgrade to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz4bHHeuEtw&ab_channel=DianeH
her 3f-3t as a bonus! The best 3f-3t I've seen her do since the 19-20 season imo
Oh what, I thought it was 2 rotations!! OMG TRIPLE AXEL. Is she going for the QUAD?? Yuzu.....

The girl overrotated a 3A, I'm so proud of her

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
How do we upload gifs on here? I've got a gif of the attempt zoomed in, slowed down and a bit higher quality, and it seems that the rotation was complete and she couldn't hold on to the landing. At the very least, it was a much closer attempt rotation-wise than some people are claiming here.
I made this video for someone in another forum explaining how to upload gifs. It might help
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13dnZlYh_jfOSlTp1T7n_NYrd_qmj0niE/view?usp=drivesdk

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Team Tutberidze posted a new video of their trip to Urgants show on their yt, there’s some footage from the rink on that day too. Quite a bit of Dudakov content!
Mr best fisherman Sergey Viktorovich is with Aliona on the harness working on her 3A, so they probably started trying it again very recently. Some footage of him working with T/M on their jumps, as well as Kamila and Maiia.

Status
Not open for further replies.