2020 Cup of China: Ladies' FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of China: Ladies' FS

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
There’s your obvious winner. In her first three jumping passes, she already did more triples than the other girls combined.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Go Hongyi!

Also second at the last Chinese Nats? Who was first?

An Xiangyi

But she is far too young for Senior GP's. (She might even be too young for Junior GP's this season, I'm not sure)

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There’s your obvious winner. In her first three jumping passes, she already did more triples than the other girls combined.
Indeed that was a butt-kicking by Hongyi!

Hey Simon's been saying the skaters name in last name, first name order, that's new isn't it?

Hey! Alina's on the screen advertising Shiseido, nice!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
An Xiangyi

But she is far too young for Senior GP's. (She might even be too young for Junior GP's this season, I'm not sure)

CaroLiza_fan
Ah I see.

I've heard about her I think, isn't her mother totally crazy? If so, I worry about Xiangyi!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hey Simon's been saying the skaters name in last name, first name order, that's new isn't it?
In China, Korea, and Japan, the order is family name-given name, so it's not technically 'new' lol. The organizers probably didn't bother changing the order for the list he's reading off of since all skaters there are Chinese

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

That's the way they are supposed to be said.

That is one thing I have always liked about British Eurosport - no matter the commentator and no matter the sport, Chinese and Korean names are ALWAYS said in the order surname then first name.

Simon's old school. So, even though he is working for the ISU here, he is carrying over the etiquette that he used at Eurosport.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That's the way they are supposed to be said.

That is one thing I have always liked about British Eurosport - no matter the commentator and no matter the sport, Chinese and Korean names are ALWAYS said in the order surname then first name.

CaroLiza_fan
One thing I've always wondered is why they don't do the same thing with Japanese names, Japanese names are family name first too. Like, with Hungarian names I just assume that it's because no other European names are family name first, but Japan is in East Asia. :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One thing I've always wondered is why they don't do the same thing with Japanese names, Japanese names are family name first too. Like, with Hungarian names I just assume that it's because no other European names are family name first, but Japan is in East Asia. :confused:

That is a good question.

I think the same as you with regards Hungarian names (I didn't even know they did surnames first until I started reading @plushyfan 's posts on here! :drama: )

But for Japanese names, it really is an anomaly that I can't work out the reason for.

CaroLiza_fan