2020 Cup of China: Ladies' FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of China: Ladies' FS

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
morning! what did i miss?

An international competition debutant winning a medal.

And the oldest skater in the field being way out of her depth, showing why you can't afford to have long gaps between your international appearances.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I did enjoy watching them though. I mean yeah it wasn't the best of the best, but still, I'd rather see skating than not.
I agree. And Despite the bobbles, I always love watching Chen live or on the telly. And some of the others show promise for the future. But am I missing something cultureally? While the Chinese concentrated on making some of the best pairs teams in the world, their current crop of ladies except for Chen seem a bit more like juniors.... (Good night, Chen Lu, where ever you are.....😘)
pairs small.jpg

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agree. And Despite the bobbles, I always love watching Chen live or on the telly. And some of the others show promise for the future. But am I missing something cultureally? While the Chinese concentrated on making some of the best pairs teams in the world, their current crop of ladies except for Chen seem a bit more like juniors.... (Good night, Chen Lu, where ever you are.....😘)
I think maybe they did. And they've been super successful at it too :) I think that happens in most countries...one discipline ends up getting left behind - in the US it seems to be pairs, in Russia, the men and Canada's been having a hard time with ladies since Katelyn retired. I guess with four disciplines it's hard for a country to keep up with all of them.

Plus, China has Hongbo as the pairs coach and he's pretty determined :)