2020 Cup of China: Men's SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of China: Men's SP

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Catching up, short thoughts:

Jin Boyang: He needs a new shirt but otherwise terrific, huge quad lutz and the program's good. He's improved in performance.
Yan Han: Such a gorgeous 3A and smooth skating skills, now if only he'd shave
Chen Yudong: Not too bad for a senior debut, he still has the junior layout though. Fun program.
Zhang He: Messy skate and could have better spins, but pretty good skating skills. But why La vie en rose in English
Peng Zhiming: Cello Nirvana, interesting. Didn't expect him to have two quads planned, China is amping up the tech in their men's department eh. Needs better spins though.
Xu Juwen: He should've had a JGP and not a GP (not much of a circuit as it is), but I can't be harsh on him as he reminds me of our men who don't have a 3A. He didn't fall and that's what counts.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched the Men's SP, and I am annoyed.

Because I went into the Predictions Thread to check what order I had put the lower ranked Chinese skaters in and compare it with how they finished the SP. And while there, I discovered that I hadn't made the one major deviation from the highest scores order that I had intended to make.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

I am a big fan of Yan Han, and always want him to win. And I wanted to make a statement by putting him on top in my predictions. But in my rush to get them done first thing in the morning before the skating started, I forgot! :palmf:

OK, so as it stands, I only have third and fourth the wrong way around. But, I would still be a lot happier if my predictions were the way I wanted them to be.

CaroLiza_fan

rain

Record Breaker
OK, can we contemplate for a minute the sheer nonsense of Boyang Jin outscoring Han Yan on components. Really?!? REALLY???? The world has gone mad.

I get it, reward Jin for his quads and his attempts at doing some choreography, but don't pretend for a minute that he's anywhere near the pure skater that Han Yan is. It's an insult to the sport. Jin still would have handily won the SP on his technical content alone; there's not need for this kind of thing.