gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

2020 Cup of Tyrol
Nov 25-28, 2020
Olympiahalle
Innsbruck, Austria​

The 2020 Cup of Tyrol (formerly Inge Solar Trophy) is one of a series of events of the 2020-21 Figure Skating Challenger Series. The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level, however, no World standing or ranking points will be awarded during the 2020-21 season due to COVID.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
wow, interesting entries! I hope the Mexican skaters are able to come, this would be their first international event this season, right?
And Fear/Gibson. ^ ^

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd say my fingers are crossed that Donovan and Andrea are able to make it safely, and that Alisson and Noemie are uninjured and able to go, but that's not entirely true right now, so instead I'll just say I hope that if it goes ahead at all, it goes well for those who are able and willing to compete and for Innsbruck as a whole. Looking at the way things have developed in Europe in the time since Nebelhorn, as the risk gets higher my excitement for seeing even my favourite skaters compete has vanished almost completely. Honestly, I'd rather it were cancelled.

Richie

Rinkside
Last weekend I send a mail to Skate Austria asking about the Cup of Tyrol-situation and they replied: "because of the actual Covid-situation there will be no public allowed".

Andrea82

Medalist
The number of pairs is saddening. I mean they could have a lot more pairs

There is a competition in Germany in the same week (NRW Winter Trophy). The 2 German pairs, 2 French pairs, Danilova / Tsiba and Crafoord / Crafoord are entered there.
In another season allowing the pair competition in two events held in the same week would have been pretty silly. However, given the current situation, you try to give more options as possible not knowing which ones will be canceled.

There are some single skaters entered both here and NRW. I guess hoping at least one will take place.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There is a competition in Germany in the same week (NRW Winter Trophy). The 2 German pairs, 2 French pairs, Danilova / Tsiba and Crafoord / Crafoord are entered there.
In another season allowing the pair competition in two events held in the same week would have been pretty silly. However, given the current situation, you try to give more options as possible not knowing which ones will be canceled.

There are some single skaters entered both here and NRW. I guess hoping at least one will take place.
Andrea82, do you know where the NRW Autumn Trophy entry list is posted? I've been looking around but can't find it on the event page or Wikipedia's list of competitions. If we can track it down it would be nice to post the list in the event thread.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you Andrea82. I am happy to see there will be Dutch participants in all disciplines (2 ladies, 2 dance couples, 1 pair and 1 man). However, none of the riders are confirmed as yet. Some of the riders listed were also listed for Cup of Tyrol (like our favourite Mexican friend), so I suppose they changed competitions (if CoT definitely has been cancelled). I hope there will be a live stream.