2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ice Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Ice Dance

rain

Record Breaker
i love fabbri-ayer.... i guess i just love ice dance Pauls ;)
Right now, my issue with them is that they don't have anything that makes them stand out. They need something to make them stand out from the pack.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Right now, my issue with them is that they don't have anything that makes them stand out. They need something to make them stand out from the pack.
hehe... i think i find them good looking :) that's why they stand out for me :) LOL

rain

Record Breaker
well as a Pipo super fan... i think FBS deserved the top spot here... Pipo need to make sure they do NOT lose levels anymore.... other couples in the world can get all level 4... even lala were close to do it this time (reviews show a couple level 3)...

I think I reluctantly agree with you (I love Piper and Paul, too). But I think they were just a little flat here, a bit reserved. They are the kind of performers that come alive and find a new gear in front of an audience, so I shouldn't be that surprised. But FB/S skated full out and the Bonnie and Clyde program is so, so clever. I would have had them closer in score at least. Very much looking forward to the free dances.

rain

Record Breaker
Campbell/Fawcett: the first piece of music is awful. Good speed at times, lifts were clunky.

rain

Record Breaker
The Behiels having a tough time on the lift exits. They have some good glide and footwork, but I always wonder about sibling teams hitting ceiling.

rain

Record Breaker
Lanaghan/Razgulajevs: that was a lovely skate. Lots of good stuff. Clearly in a different league from the first two teams. Very awkward last lift that they should re-jig immediately.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nice performance from S/W.. those lifts are awesome... i was waiting for her to cut his hair though ;)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Tuned in, just in time to watch Sales/Wamsteeker try to take on Davis & White...um, Davis & White are still winning.

rain

Record Breaker
Sales/Wamsteeker — they didn't skate as "free" as I've sometimes seen them skate, but you really notice how smooth and easy the lifts look. This music is much more suited to their style than the Mamma Mia RD was.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Another classic theme, Delobel & Schoenfelder had a glorious Frida. We shall see if these two can match it.

rain

Record Breaker
Sales and Wamsteeker had better lifts that Fabri/Ayer, but overall, F/A's program was much more interesting. I loved the music and all of the choreographic highlights.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OMG i love LALA!!!!!!!!!!!! Zachary was emoting so much !!!!! If you have seen junior dance, we have had kitties earlier on ... now IAM is giving us birdies :)

rain

Record Breaker
So, a new program! Kind of a weird theme, I'm still trying to decide if I love it. Original, that's for sure. Nobody else is going to be using the same music. Love the bird-themed costumes. The first lift she looks like a bird in flight. I'm going to have to watch this one again to make up my mind about it. I wasn't bored...

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Now that’s a high-energy program all the way through. Probably would/will benefit from more mileage and a more regular season to train it. But really fun.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
most of the music has been used... :) and when it's something new.. it's not always good LOL

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Marjorie was mouthing a lot of the words, which is distracting. Figure Skaters should never do that. It really takes away from the performance aspect.