2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Men | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada Challenge: Senior Men

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
this song is a terrible snooze fest but Roman was great, i would rewatch him...after pressing mute:LOL:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think nam did better... it will be tight... roman will lose marks for the lack of combo on two repeated jumps... but he had a lead

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I think the lovely Roman ran out of gas a bit towards the end, but still wonderful. I could happily just watch him spin for hours.
One thing I’ve always wondered though. Why just a double for the second jump in his combo? With the kind of loft he gets on his jumps, it seems to me he could easily triple it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think the lovely Roman ran out of gas a bit towards the end, but still wonderful. I could happily just watch him spin for hours.
One thing I’ve always wondered though. Why just a double for the second jump in his combo? With the kind of loft he gets on his jumps, it seems to me he could easily triple it.
i think it has to do with his choice of repeated jumps and combos.. .we didn't see the combos, they ddin't happen.. but his second 4sal usually is followed by a 1EU-3sal ... and i think there is a 2nd 3 lutz that has a 3toe in the end... so one jump has to have a double...

so repeated jumps are 4s and 3lz... combos
3a-2t,
4s-eu-3s
3lz-3t

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
and Roman won! :cheer2: good job, twice national champion (well sort of)! it's time for me to cross the border though. see you on the other side of the Saint Lawrence River :LOL:
LOL... the saint-lawrence river is entirely in quebec... so either side of it, you stay in canada... ;)

other side of the great lakes... that will do it ;)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Patrick being interviewed now. He says he’s been teaching skating skills for hockey players.
Imagine bringing your young hockey-player lad in for a couple lessons, and his instructor is...Patrick Chan. This boggles my mind.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
LOL... the saint-lawrence river is entirely in quebec... so either side of it, you stay in canada... ;)

other side of the great lakes... that will do it ;)
i feel embarassed now, what a display of ignorance from me :p