2022-23 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 122 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Local Events – Discussion

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Danill Samsonov! Dare we hope? :biggrin:

I've been hoping to see him for some time now, so my fingers are crossed!
I remembered that this competition exists only because Danya announced his participation to media.

In other news, does anyone else's web browser warn against malicious sites when they click on the "Results" link? Or is my Chrome just being weird?
The connection with the website is not protected to it is not surprising.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I remembered that this competition exists only because Danya announced his participation to media.

The connection with the website is not protected to it is not surprising.
Haha for a second I read that to mean the whole competition was sent up just so Danya could compete :laugh2:

Ah I see, hmm...well I do have my VPN on, so I'm sure I'll be safe to click on it? I hope!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
what does that mean exactly?
From Google
The most significant problem with HTTP is it uses hypertext structured text, so the data isn't encrypted. As a result, the data being transmitted between the two systems can be intercepted by cybercriminals.

In general, you just shouldn't leave your personal info, passwords, etc on HTTP websites. Most browsers flag these types of websites. HTTP is used instead of HTTPS in order to save money.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
The junior men list has shrunk a lot, not surprising but still sad.

I know my baby Vadim will be at the school Battle in few days so it makes sense he doesn't compete here but I wonder if Kolya will be there as well?
From Google
The most significant problem with HTTP is it uses hypertext structured text, so the data isn't encrypted. As a result, the data being transmitted between the two systems can be intercepted by cybercriminals.

In general, you just shouldn't leave your personal info on HTTP websites. Most browsers flag these types of websites.
Thanks!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It is safe to click. HTTP is more cheap so it does not encrypt data such as passwords, personal data. But this type of site is fine for the results table.
Interesting! I've just realised now that you've mentioned it that most sites are https:// these days.

In my day that was just for the fancy sites 😝 kids these days don't know how well they have it!

The junior men list has shrunk a lot, not surprising but still sad.
That is a shame! I was hoping to see Nikita S around, but he might all ready be looking ahead to the next season.

This chap has an interesting costume.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Senior mens list have also shrunk lot, I knew it would but it was such a great list of skaters:( I was so exited for Anisimov and Kirill Andrusik, especially Andrusik as we haven't seen him since the cup final but at least Danya is still competing here!

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Nikita landed his 3A :clap:sadly he couldn't do a 3lz-3T and had to settle for a 2T, so close to a clean skate :console:

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Good skate for the 1st of the 3 Daniils we have competing here!
Daniil O didnt do too well in SPB so good to see him do better here.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Love me some Black Betty

Although though chap looks like a British Denis the Menace in his costume :laugh:

Nice 3A! Shame about the +combo though!

Now, group 2 already! Can I spot Danik? Has he grown?