2023 Russian Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The 2023 Russian Figure Skating Championships will be held December 22-25, 2022, at the Platinum Arena in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Medals will be awarded in all four disciplines at the senior level. Athletes will vie for spots on the National Team for the 2023-24 season.
Qualification for the 2023 Russian Figure Skating Championships is based on the scores from the domestic 2022-23 Russian Grand Prix of Figure Skating series.

Preliminary Schedule (local time in Krasnoyarsk, UTC+7):

Thursday, December 22, 2022

14.00 - 16.10 Ice Dance, Rhythm Dance
16.30 - 19.00 Men, Short Program
19.15 - 19.45 Opening Ceremony
20.00 - 21.55 Pairs, Short Program

Friday, December 23, 2022
13.30 - 16.00 Ice Dance, Free Dance
16.15 - 19.05 Men, Free Skating
19.25 - 21.55 Women, Short Program

Saturday, December 24, 2022
16.30 - 18.35 Pairs, Free Skating
19.00 - 21.55 Women, Free Skating

Sunday, December 25, 2022
13.00 - 13.45 Medal Ceremony
14.00 - 16.30 Exhibition Gala

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As we know, the results page showing all entries will probably not go up until right before the event. I would like to do a Prediction Contest, but need all the names for all the entries (in English) by Discipline.

Then of course if someone withdraws or is added, I would need to be notified immediately by PM so I can edit the Contest :)

If someone could post them in this thread, by discipline and alphabetical order, I can make this happen!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Inofficial entry lists based on rankings after domestic Russian GP (thanks to @AlexBreeze who compiled the lists in the first place):

MenWomenIce DancePairs
Dmitri AlievSofia AkatevaVlada Pavlenina/Alexander AleksanyanYulia Artemieva/Alexei Bryukhanov
Andrei AnisimovViktoria FedyaninaWD: Vasilisa Kaganovskaya/Valeri AngelopolVarvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko
Roman AtoyarAnna FrolovaPolina Usova/Mikhail AntonovAnastasia Mukhortova/Dmitri Evgeniev
Artur DanielianAlina GorbachevaVarvara Zhdanova/Timur Babaev-SmirnovAnastasia Mishina/Alexander Galliamov
Alexey ErokhovKseniia GushchinaSofia Tyutyunina/Andrei BaginElizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko
Petr GumennikAgneta LatushkinaElizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor BazinNatalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk
Makar IgnatovSofia MuravievaElizaveta Kirillova/Mark ChegodaevYasmina Kadyrova/Valeri Kolesov
Vladislav KatichevViktoria NesterovaWD: Irina Khavronina/Dario CirisanoAlexandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski
WD: Mikhail KolyadaMaria ParamonovaElizaveta Shanaeva/Pavel DrozdEvgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
WD: Mark KondratiukAdeliia PetrosianElizaveta Pasechnik/Maksim NekrasovDaria Boyarintseva/Roman Pleshkov
Artem KovalevSofia SamodelkinaAlisa Krainyukova/Semion NetsevEkaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov
Gleb LutfullinKseniia SinitsynaAlexandra Kravchenko/Alexander ShustitskiyViktoria Vasilieva/Roman Zaporozhets
Andrei MozalevWD: Alexandra TrusovaYana Matveishina/Timofey Subbotin
Ivan PopovElizaveta TuktamyshevaEkaterina Mironova/Evgeni Ustenko
Alexander SamarinKamila ValievaAlexandra Prokopets/Alexander Vaskovich
Evgeni SemenenkoVeronika Yametova
Matvei VetluginSofia Zakharova
Ilya YablokovAnastasia Zinina

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Official preliminary entry lists published by RusFed today!

Changes to the inofficial line-up posted above:
Pairs: Ekaterina Geinish/Dmitri Chigirev out - Varvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko in

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Official preliminary entry lists published by RusFed today!

Changes to the inofficial line-up posted above:
Pairs: Ekaterina Geinish/Dmitri Chigirev out - Varvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko in
Oh, wow!

Caliban

On the Ice
Btw, Elizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko and Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvey Yanchenkov right now are in China. So basically they go from one vent which will end at 20 december to another which will start at 22 december.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
1. Samodelkina
2. Valieva
3. Akatieva

I do hope that Sasha clinches on the podium, but I have my doubts this year..

Lurker11

On the Ice
1. Valieva
2. Petrosyan
3. Akatieva
4. Tuktik
5. Muravieva

I don't think Kamila will use the 3A. There was some talk about Kamila using the quad toe a second time in her FS.

If Kamila lands her 4T and goes perfect with the rest of her programs she won't lose unless Petrosyan and Akatieva have the best skates of their lives (which they might).

Akatieva is probably the biggest threat if she's perfect with her programs, but she hasn't been consistent. Petrosyan seems more stable to me but she was some what underscored in the GP stage (just my opinion).

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone brave enough to predict Liza to win?
To complete her career resurgence.

Will she go for the quad? That’s an intriguing subplot.

She is been as good as anyone this year.

Lots of other questions to be answered:
Will Kamila hold off the young guns?
Will Akatieva win the biggest prize of her career?
Will Pluschenko’s entry break the Eteri domination?
Will Sophia S. do well and make my prediction of her being the dark horse of ‘23 come true?

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Samodelkina
2. Valieva
3. Akatieva

I do hope that Sasha clinches on the podium, but I have my doubts this year..
This gets the award for bravery.

And if you wager on her and she wins, don’t forget who your friends are in this forum. We will gladly accept some of your winnings. Haha

Haven’t seen the actual odds yet. Always good to see who the degenerate gamblers are backing.

Trusova might actually come in more relaxed this year. She has kind of been overlooked and maybe her new relationship will bear fruit on the ice. She is another intriguing person to keep an eye on. Maybe she finally puts it all together and become National Champion.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Despite her good results i can't see Tuktik on top. She always do well then in nats she finishes out of podium or even out of top 5. Her wins in cup stages were already short. It isn't like she has a big advantage over the others.
I gave her silver in my predictions, that's already optimistic.

Last edited:

DoubleBass

Rinkside
1. Valieva
2. Petrosyan
3. Akatieva
4. Tuktik
5. Muravieva

I don't think Kamila will use the 3A. There was some talk about Kamila using the quad toe a second time in her FS.

If Kamila lands her 4T and goes perfect with the rest of her programs she won't lose unless Petrosyan and Akatieva have the best skates of their lives (which they might).

Akatieva is probably the biggest threat if she's perfect with her programs, but she hasn't been consistent. Petrosyan seems more stable to me but she was some what underscored in the GP stage (just my opinion).
I think it goes
1. Valieva
2. Petrosyan (pretty close between her and Akatieva)
3. Akatieva
4. Muravieva
5. Tuktamisheva (she doesn't have a good track record at nationals, there are plenty of skaters that can get higher scores than her potentially if she doesn't land her 3As, like Zinina, Yametova, Frolova, Sinitzina, Gorbacheva)

DoubleBass

Rinkside
This gets the award for bravery.

And if you wager on her and she wins, don’t forget who your friends are in this forum. We will gladly accept some of your winnings. Haha

Haven’t seen the actual odds yet. Always good to see who the degenerate gamblers are backing.

Trusova might actually come in more relaxed this year. She has kind of been overlooked and maybe her new relationship will bear fruit on the ice. She is another intriguing person to keep an eye on. Maybe she finally puts it all together and becomes National Champion.
Trusova national champion this year? No chance lolol. Top 5 is unlikely even imo, unless the judges severely overscore her which is possible

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
its actually really hard to predict, judges are giving the older seniors a break this season and are favoring them against the new seniors, so both Valieva and Liza could easily go 1 and 2 here and even Sasha could podium if she goes clean with her 4lz.

Mura and Sofia A are big threats. Historically Mura has been a nervy skater but she has done great this season and hasnt looked nervous at all so who knows which Mura will show up to nats. Sofia A is the opposite the girl that didn't seem even little bit nervous in the past looks visibly nervous this season, maybe its going from being unbeaten for 2 seasons to being beaten in all your competition this season, that has caused this shift in her demeanor.

I'm really worried for Samo, is her 3A and 4S back yet?

Adeliya is a ? for me she has the most difficult content by far and its a both blessing and a curse as her consistency isnt great and she is coming back from an injury so who knows what her form is like rn.

Lurker11

On the Ice
I think it goes
1. Valieva
2. Petrosyan (pretty close between her and Akatieva)
3. Akatieva
4. Muravieva
5. Tuktamisheva (she doesn't have a good track record at nationals, there are plenty of skaters that can get higher scores than her potentially if she doesn't land her 3As, like Zinina, Yametova, Frolova, Sinitzina, Gorbacheva)

I agree with that.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trusova national champion this year? No chance lolol. Top 5 is unlikely even imo, unless the judges severely overscore her which is possible
That’s why I said maybe. I would never pick her to win since her track record is what it is.

I was just thinking out loud. Since nothing is expected of her this time around (as opposed to the other times when she was a contender) maybe she comes in with less expectations on herself.

An athlete in love can play better. Or become distracted and play worse. Haha

Although, and this is just me talking, I can never date someone I work with. If the relationship goes south, then you have to avoid them during the week. Way too awkward for my liking.

Like a tennis player down 4-0 in the fifth and then just relaxes, starts hitting the shots with less pressure, and then starts winning games.

Last edited: