2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Men Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Men Short Program

Sackie

Medalist
Even if Wesley beat Roman here do you think Skate Canada would send him to the Olympics ahead of Roman? I think they might send him to worlds to build for the future, but send Roman to the Olympics.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Even if Wesley beat Roman here do you think Skate Canada would send him to the Olympics ahead of Roman? I think they might send him to worlds to build for the future, but send Roman to the Olympics.
they would probably send Wesley to Junior Worlds and 4CC...:scratch2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
for a moment there I thought the judges are just being fair and not inflating the scores at the Canadian championships - although I wonder if the federation is trying to send a message to all the Canadian skaters to do better.
usually scores at Nationals are quite low. Canadian judges are usually kind of "tough love" on Canadian skaters.

readernick

Medalist
If this continues in the freeskate, SC really should just send Wesley to the Olympics. He is far more reliable than Nam or Roman.

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Post SP #RomanSadovsky I was okay with the opening, a bit of a wobble on the sow. I am upset about the lutz combo. It was a silly mistake. Re pressure to defend: At the end of the day, no one is going to take away my 2020 title so I donā€™t think of it that way

VickB

On the Ice
Seeing this big strong lad struggle with his jumps reminds me of another Canadian with a similar profile and similar difficultiesā€”whatever happened to Nic Nadeau, and his decision to move into pairs? Have there been progress reports?

That makes me super happy...

Wonderful ... Wonderful

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I liked Joseph's skate very much. Yes, he would also be a great choice!
i just love watching Jo skate... i have seen him live a couple times so it does help...he has great ice coverage and skates so smoothly.. mini chiddy... never seen wesley but he looks much slower though he is improving at each event.