2022 CS Warsaw Cup: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Warsaw Cup: Info and Pre-game Chat

yesterday

Record Breaker
8:00 a. m. ??? What an inappropriate time is Sunday early morning for Women FS!!!....: There will be no spectators even at 12:00, when Kurakova will perform. :(
Guess they have to start early if they want to have a gala.

icetug

Medalist
On another note, is this Matteos first competition with Lucrezia?
They recently competed in a minor competition in Italy (see the "Pairs worldwide" thread). But it's their first competition to get official scores, including earning minimum TES.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
On another note, is this Matteos first competition with Lucrezia?

No. A couple of weeks ago they competed in a domestic competition. @Andrea82 told us about it in the Italian Season thread.

They won both segments, and the title.

Campionato Italiano (Fascia Elite) - 2a Prova Pinerolo Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

Here is their SP within the archived livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAwnEquIgcs&t=2841

Lucrezia and Matteo finished 1st out of 3 in the SP, with a score of 66.04.

Campionato Italiano (Fascia Elite) - 2a Prova Pinerolo Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
Campionato Italiano (Fascia Elite) - 2a Prova Pinerolo Senior Pairs Results: Results

And here is their FS within the archived livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9aW98o5Gdk&t=2856

Lucrezia and Matteo finished 1st out of 3 in the FS, with a score of 115.50. This meant that they remained in 1st place overall, with a score of 181.54.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hope streams will be archived. :)

So do I. Although, it doesn't look good as the Fed's YouTube channel has been going for 11 years, but only has one archived stream on it - an Exhibition Gala that was held a month ago.

I know the streams for one of the other events this weekend, Skate Celje, definitely won't be archived. The European Criterium sell the videos of individual programmes, so the streams get made private as soon as they finish broadcasting.

I have 2 kids competing in Warsaw, and I want to see @NoNameFace's flower crowns, so I will be concentrating on watching that event this weekend.

I also have a grandkid (!) competing in Celje today (one of Zoe Jones' daughters), so will temporarily pause Warsaw so that I can switch there to watch her, before switching back here.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
How come the USA didn't send any skaters to this event?
Initially there were two men and a lady assigned *someone correct me if I'm wrong*, but all have withdrawn.
ETA - apparently I'm wrong and two US men are still on starting list! :)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello to 2nd day of Warsaw Cup, taking metro to the arena right now, any requests for photos/subjective in-person impressions?

How about a photo of that big thing in the corner of the arena? Because I spent ages yesterday looking at it in one of your photos, trying to work out what on Earth it was supposed to be! :laugh:

Seriously, though, any and all photos are greatly appreciated.

But, of course, I would love to see some photos of Aleksandra Golovkina and Marilena Kitromilis. ;) :biggrin:

...and Katya!!! But, I knew you will have been planning to take photos of her anyway. ☀️

Glad you are enjoying yourself.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
How about a photo of that big thing in the corner of the arena? Because I spent ages yesterday looking at it in one of your photos, trying to work out what on Earth it was supposed to be! :laugh:

Seriously, though, any and all photos are greatly appreciated.

But, of course, I would love to see some photos of Aleksandra Golovkina and Marilena Kitromilis. ;) :biggrin:

...and Katya!!! But, I knew you will have been planning to take photos of her anyway. ☀️

Glad you are enjoying yourself.

CaroLiza_fan
Ha! The big thing standing in the corner is kinda ballon with ad thingy (???), not sure if there is a professional term to describe it hehe.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
When you wanted to stay for FD practice and they threw people out of the arena :laugh:
I counted on maybe approaching some teams and asking them for flag signatures, but we will see tomorrow about that.