2022 CS Warsaw Cup Men's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Warsaw Cup Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
look at percentage, do others have similar geo in this regard? or - how far is Kevin off then?
GOE is a funny thing... It's a factor on BV... so it's even harder to get with lower base value elements..

Kévin with a low BV got 14 points in GOE... compared to daniel's much higher BV that got him only 7 points in GOE... so twice more for Kévin but based on a much lower base ... it's like 3 or 4 times more almost...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes. Kevin's technical content was generally lacking, but that is taken into account in the base mark. I just don't think the quality of what he did merited the GOE.
as I have explained... the GOE is factoring the BV.. so it is uncanny that he gathered so much of it...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what does woman of a certain age have to do with liking a costume or not? Explain please as I am not a woman and not of a certain age yet ;)
Just trying to see if i need to quit the forum before I become either a woman or of a certain age ;)

I am sorry, I should have quoted the post I was referring to. I believe our friend @TT_Fin, whose insights I generally agree with, said Kevin should be aware that old ladies were watching.

That would be me. :)

Country
Norway
:p
everything else works and it's the phone
My internet connection on the phone has been weird recently. At first I didn´t think the connection was bad because some things worked, like Messenger. But others thing was not working at all :scratch2::scratch2: Anyways, I turned the internet connection on and off and afterwards it worked better. So maybe you can try that if you havn´t...

yesterday

Record Breaker
My internet connection on the phone has been weird recently. At first I didn´t think the connection was bad because some things worked, like Messenger. But others thing was not working at all :scratch2::scratch2: Anyways, I turned the internet connection on and off and afterwards it worked better. So maybe you can try that if you havn´t...
crazy!
Well, until the last 1,5 groups that page worked fine 🤔
but I'll try it with wifi now

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just meant to say not too sexy outfits, because my sons are older than skaters.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I adore Kevin Aymoz, I think everyone does, but was it… Lion King? Or what? I dunno, I just didn’t like the program. But so glad Aymoz is recovering.
Other than that, a big skate for Grassl, and LB managed to do enough… unfortunately, everyone else I watched didn’t have good performances 🥲 still, hope Naumov keeps gaining and has TES for 4CC

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Yes. Kevin's technical content was generally lacking, but that is taken into account in the base mark. I just don't think the quality of what he did merited the GOE.

You are not alone! I am disappointed with the scoring. I would have Daniel first, Britschgi second, and Kevin third. Kevin is of course superior to both of them PSC-wise, and partly GOE-wise, but he looked tired to me here, and a bit labored. I know we shouldn't compare scores across events, but Deniss V (at GP Sheffield) had a lower score than Kevin, and he jumped several axels and two quads across his programs, and generally more difficult jumps. All of Kevin's combos were easy ones. Even pairs jump 2A-2A, and then there were 3Lz-2T, and 3S-eu-3S. Deniss is IMO fully on par with Kevin when it comes to PCS, and had way more energy throughout his program. I am no fan of programs heavily focusing on jumps, but this is another extreme. I would have been dissatisfied even if the roles had been reversed, or had it been Jason with a well-rewarded 3T & the like, and less energy than usual. PCS should not be a tool to bridge a 20-point TES gap, or we could soon have a new Kovtun case with PCS pushing favorites who bomb their jumps up the result list.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I adore Kevin Aymoz, I think everyone does, but was it… Lion King? Or what? I dunno, I just didn’t like the program. But so glad Aymoz is recovering.
Other than that, a big skate for Grassl, and LB managed to do enough… unfortunately, everyone else I watched didn’t have good performances 🥲 still, hope Naumov keeps gaining and has TES for 4CC

I think it was Now We Are Free from Gladiator... Kaori and Kagiyama have recently skated to it too.