2022 Japan Open | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Japan Open

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Good, bad, or ugly... I want to see this.

Surely there will be some bootleg stream or video, and when there is... y'all better link me up.
Bootleg streams are linked in my previous post and it looks like Figure Skaters RU will be streaming the event as well. (this is the TV Tokyo livestream, with a several hour delay, there will be no live livestream)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bootleg streams are linked in my previous post and it looks like Figure Skaters RU will be streaming the event as well. (this is the TV Tokyo livestream, with a several hour delay, there will be no live livestream)
Here I am proposing marriage with emojis. I'm old fashioned, so I'm kneeling. You're wearing a pretty dress.

💃💐💍🧎‍♂️

Country
Norway
So when does it starts? It will be the 8th, but when? I have a feeling it will be night here, or if lucky, when I wake up in a couple of hours :biggrin:

Country
Norway
Sorry, just checked the first post, there is the current time. Womens SP will start around 6 am and men 8.15 am here :dbana: :dbana: Well I doubt I will get up to watch the women, but perhaps for the men. Good luck to the skaters!:hap10::hap10:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear of Kao's multiple injuries. I agree it would be good to let him and Shun recover a bit, especially since their regionals didn't go as planned. But hopefully Kao is on the mend - if he agreed to perform here, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
Also, good to know about his sponsorship. That means only Kazuki, Sota and Sena are without sponsors. What a shame, I don't understand Japanese companies.
I disagree about the idea that the replacement spot should have rather gone to Koshiro though. I think he's already received gifts enough from JSF and Kinoshita combined - shows, CS and GP, both of the latter without any significant results in the last few seasons to merit either, especially when bigger achievers were royally ignored for CS (and partly GP). Even Tatsuya would be more deserving. Giving Koshiro yet more opportunities (and money) would only make the injustice greater, and JSF's favoritism more blatant.
😂😂😂
I'm pretty sure he agreed to it before consulting with his coach

Anyway...fair enough point made about Koshiro
Also agree Shun needs a bit more time to get back to form
And considering all non-seeded Senior skaters were made to compete at Blocks this season, that eliminated Kazuki, Tatsuya, Sena and Lucas from selection immediately (mentioning Men w/ GP assignments)
So if not Kao, that would leave Sota...who IMO should've been first sub anyway
...or Nobu :biggrin:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Starting order (Note Women's event will be held first this year)

Women FS
1. Mirai Nagasu
2. Ekaterina Kurakova
3. Rika Kihira
4. Mairah Bell
5. Leona Hendrickx
6. Kaori Sakamoto

(Guest performance)
Hubbell & Donohue

Men FS
1. Michal Brezina
2. Kao Miura
3. Jason Brown
4. Daniel Grassl
5. Shoma Uno
6. Ilia Malinin

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Because I am in twitter jail and have no other choice, I will scream into the universe here~

Don't make rash and stupid decisions, Kao!
If others want to act recklessly and risk injury prior to their GPs so be it!
Time to make responsible choices and be accountable for your actions!

Noriko sensei...help~

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker

Kao survived 😭
I was so worried

Edit: Matsu deleted tweets with jump content because the organizer asked that media not release any info until after the broadcast

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
AOK! I have MujiTV for $3. They now take not only pay pal but cc cards.....
Will watch tomorrow........the interface is coming back to me but there is a learning curve....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Bradie Tennell has withdrawn

"Hi everyone, I'm so disappointed to announce that I'm not going to be able to skate in Japan as planned this week. As you can see from my earlier posts, I was SO looking forward to this experience, and it makes me so sad not to be able to be there with you all. I've got an issue with my ankle that's preventing me from skating right now. While I know it's going to be resolved soon, I also know that it's going to keep me off the ice for a few weeks to be able to heal. Such a shame to miss this amazing event. Trying to keep it all in perspective that these are the ups and downs we need to go through to get to success. See you next time, Japan."

:(

It is a sign of character that she has decided to not go ahead for the money and hurt her team. Well done, Bradie. No one like the USFS will have to fine you for keeping an injury secret and attending a comp anyway like a certain little USA twit who will remain nameless .

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I should play the lottery, I guessed right: :ROFLMAO:

Mirai Nagasu will replace Bradie for Team NA

Google translate:

Brady Tennell, who was scheduled to participate in the Japan Open 2022, was unable to participate due to injury. Mirai Nagasu will participate instead.

Another skater who does a great Miss Saigon!

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Men
1. Shoma Uno (JPN) - FS: 193.80
2. IliaMalinin (NA) - FS: 193.42
3. KaoMiura (JPN) - FS: 169.94
4. DanielGrassl (EUR) - FS: 166.21
5. JasonBrown (NA) - FS: 163.57
6. MichalBrezina (EUR) - FS: 98.26
Women
1. Kaori Sakamoto (JPN) - FS: 146.66
2. Loena Hendrickx (EUR)- FS: 132.53
3. Mariah Bell (NA) - FS: 119.40
4. Ekaterina Kurakova (EUR)- FS: 115.49
5. Rika Kihira (JPN) - FS: 113.44
6. Mirai Nagasu (NA) - FS: 100.88
Team
1. Japan - 623.84
2. North America - 577.27
3. Europe - 512.49

Last edited:

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Men
1. Shoma Uno (JPN) - FS: 193.80
2. IliaMalinin (NA) - FS: 193.42
3. KaoMiura (JPN) - FS: 169.94
4. DanielGrassl (EUR) - FS: 166.21
5. JasonBrown (NA) - FS: 163.57
6. MichalBrezina (EUR) - FS: 98.26
Women
1. Kaori Sakamoto (JPN) - FS: 146.66
2. Loena Hendrickx (EUR)- FS: 132.53
3. Mariah Bell (NA) - FS: 119.40
4. Ekaterina Kurakova (EUR)- FS: 115.49
5. Rika Kihira (JPN) - FS: 113.44
6. Mirai Nagasu (NA) - FS: 100.88
Team
1. Japan - 260.10
2. Europe - 248.02
3. North America - 220.28
The scores are a bit disheartening. Ladies suddenly became the fairer discipline this season. I never expected it to happen.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I can’t tell if Nagasu hurt herself or if that was part of the choreography.